Fucking Jager..

Can't find Jager in spain...:cry:

Any of you tried this?

300px-Stroh-Rum.jpg

I once made an attemp to drink a small bit of the 80% alcohol version, and just the smell it produced me heartburn, so i decided being alive and refused. I saw one man having problems to breath after drinking one. It is the worst shit I almost drank in my life.

My worst alcohol experience was with Jäger. It involved throwing up in a movie theater three times and passing out covered in my own vomit.

Shit tastes great though.

Big Jager fan here, blacked out on it several times. It's especially awesome during camping trips IMO. Had to take a break from drinking it for a while, but as of my last birthday I'm back on the shit.

Any of you tried this?

300px-Stroh-Rum.jpg

I once made an attemp to drink a small bit of the 80% alcohol version, and just the smell it produced me heartburn, so i decided being alive and refused. I saw one man having problems to breath after drinking one. It is the worst shit I almost drank in my life.

My brother woke me up and gave me a shot of that 80% one on my 18th birthday... couldnt speak because the alcohol literally evaporated in my throat! :O
Then i went on belching like crazy for like 3 hours.. its absolutely disgusting.

Got a bottle for free because the guy couldn't drink it him self, so i mixed it with Coke.. and even then it was absolutely horrible.
But god dammit you got fuckin' drunk! :lol:

1) Heat the sauna.
2) Place Jäger in the snow.
3) Enter sauna.
4) Jump outside, light a cigarette, drink the Jäger.
5. Profit.

Oh man, i so want to go visit my grandads cabin in Finland right now.. an early 1900's Sauna like 1 meter from the lake, lots of beer and food.
I feel homesick.. :lol:

It's just a booze among others, though. Some of you talk of it like some mystical substance that automatically makes you batshit insane :lol:

Well, it does contain Absinthe.. but i sure never experienced any other effects then getting drunk. :lol:
But the same thing seems to go for real absinthe: Some people get a high out of it, others just get drunk.

Everytime I smell Jager I think to myself "Hmmm... this must be what a homeless person's taint smells like".

And then I drink it, with an immediate beer chaser to kill the taste.

I drink Jager only to get fucked up - there is no enjoyment here.

Oh man, i so want to go visit my grandads cabin in Finland right now.. an early 1900's Sauna like 1 meter from the lake, lots of beer and food.
I feel homesick.. :lol:

FVK YEAS!

Well, it does contain Absinthe.. but i sure never experienced any other effects then getting drunk. :lol:
But the same thing seems to go for real absinthe: Some people get a high out of it, others just get drunk.

Wait, no it doesn't. Where'd you get that from? :O

Can't find Jager in spain...:cry:

Any of you tried this?

300px-Stroh-Rum.jpg

in the bar where i used to go drinking, they mix that shit with schnaps and call it a "panzerfaust"

well actually i've never tried jägermaister, but honestly the difference in taste between all these over 40% booze is just negligable for me, the only actual difference is that you get more headache from cheap alcohol

in the bar where i used to go drinking, they mix that shit with schnaps and call it a "panzerfaust"

well actually i've never tried jägermaister, but honestly the difference in taste between all these over 40% booze is just negligable for me, the only actual difference is that you get more headache from cheap alcohol

Erhm, Jägermeister is a Liqueur, NOT comparable to booze in any way. ;)
Its very sweet, and has a dominant taste of Anise(Tastes similar to liquorice.).. in fact, if served as its supposed to(-18 degrees Celsius.), you dont feel the taste of alcohol at all! :)

Another tip is mixing Jäger with Redbull, its epic. :headbang:

Jägermeister has 35%. ;)

And yeah, there's no absinthe in it.

Hardest alcohol I've ever consumed was this stuff:

r0022_G.jpg

Found some 20+ year old bottles of that stuff in a buddy's basement.

The taste! :)
It contains Malört/Koiruoho/Wormwood(Artemisia absinthium), the main ingredient in Absinthe. ;)

Ah, could be, the recipe is secret and Jäger has lots of different herbs for flavour. To be fair, if it does contain wormwood, it'll be in extremely small amounts, just like the "off-the-self" absinthes you can find in liquor stores around here. Honestly I've never experienced anything different from absinthe, not the booze that merely tastes like it nor the hardcore Dutch stuff that contains a shitload of wormwood.

The taste! :)
It contains Malört/Koiruoho/Wormwood(Artemisia absinthium), the main ingredient in Absinthe. ;)

The Jägermeister recipe is a secret blend of 56 different herbs.

If there had ever been any significant amount of absinthe in there it would have been banned from the German market. We used to have very tight laws concerning this up until a few years ago.

And still today, the amount of wormwood being served in absinthe has to be so low that the only buzz comes from the alcohol.

try this: pepsi + red bull + jag + nescafe = it makes your hair so stiff on your head, that people are gonna run and scream "hellraiseeeeeer"... so cool

Ah, could be, the recipe is secret and Jäger has lots of different herbs for flavour. To be fair, if it does contain wormwood, it'll be in extremely small amounts, just like the "off-the-self" absinthes you can find in liquor stores around here. Honestly I've never experienced anything different from absinthe, not the booze that merely tastes like it nor the hardcore Dutch stuff that contains a shitload of wormwood.

I dont know how its in the rest of the world, but in Sweden you can buy Wormwood in almost every single herbal store in the country.
It was actually Absinthe and other spirits using Wormwood as an active ingredient that was banned, but it was still ok to use it for its taste.

The Jägermeister recipe is a secret blend of 56 different herbs.

If there had ever been any significant amount of absinthe in there it would have been banned from the German market. We used to have very tight laws concerning this up until a few years ago.

And still today, the amount of wormwood being served in absinthe has to be so low that the only buzz comes from the alcohol.

It is a secret, i know that.. but if you know how Wormwood tastes, you know that Jäger contains it.
The 2 most dominant tastes in Jägermeister is Anise and Wormwood.
And the "ban" on absinthe was actually a ban on the type of spirit and the active component(Thujone.), NOT on the herb it self.
Also, if i remember correctly, Thujone was never really banned, just restricted to a less then 5% content(Saw that in an episode of "The Thirsty Traveler").

To be fair, if it does contain wormwood, it'll be in extremely small amounts, just like the "off-the-self" absinthes you can find in liquor stores around here. Honestly I've never experienced anything different from absinthe, not the booze that merely tastes like it nor the hardcore Dutch stuff that contains a shitload of wormwood.

I once had a great bottle of Absinthe brought over from Holland.

one shot would turn me into a screaming, raving lunatic.
the bottle lasted quite a while and fueled most of my first two years in college.
fun times.

My brother woke me up and gave me a shot of that 80% one on my 18th birthday... couldnt speak because the alcohol literally evaporated in my throat! :O
Then i went on belching like crazy for like 3 hours.. its absolutely disgusting.

Got a bottle for free because the guy couldn't drink it him self, so i mixed it with Coke.. and even then it was absolutely horrible.
But god dammit you got fuckin' drunk! :lol:

The more you guys talk about this shit, the more I want to stress-test myself and try it! :lol: