Fucking Jager..

The cannabis-thujone connection is entirely mythical and absinthe does not contain anything more hallucinogenic than the usual bottle of high-powered booze. Science is there for a reason, guys...

Jeff

I noticed when looking at the Thujone and THC compounds that they are not close to being the same, let alone being connected in any similar fashion or even relative amounts of atoms. Thujone is C10 H16 O where THC is C21 H30 O2, now the ratios are about the same, THC is about double the size, even so the bonds show no similar patterns. Maybe in chemistry I missed something, but the fact that the atomic ratios of Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen does not equate to being the same thing.

About the Anise, that might be very true. Jager doesn't really taste like liquorice. I can't stand liquorice however I love Jager, the liquorice flavor isn't really true liquorice.

However, on the subject of Thujone, I do believe that there are some amounts of it in Jager, I can as well as many people I know (as well as these stories) can confirm that Jager does give a different buzz than any other alcohol. After about 5 or 6 shots of Jager you can barely feel the alcohol buzz because there is a more powerful sedative type high that is SIMILAR to marijuana but not the same thing, which definitely has the same type of high that hazes your memory. This is most likely why Jager generally makes people go apeshit after they have had a few too many.

As the recipes are kept secret its all speculation, but what can be confirmed is that Jager definitely has a different effect on people that other form of alcohol as to what exactly it is, again only speculation.

Pretty fucking moronic term for it.
WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST CALL IT WEED AND GET ALONG?

I just call it marijuana, just seems more proper than pot, weed, trees, cheeba, chronic etc.

That must be right to heal wounds, not drink! You can waste your esophagus and stomach... and even die.

A few years ago I was in Italy and those 95% bottles stood next to the other liquors in the supermarket.
But I have to admit that I didn't have the balls to buy it.

TheWinterSnow (I should remember names more easily... oh, well): lots of different alcoholic drinks give different buzzes - down a few V&Ts or G&Ts and compare that to a bottle of wine. That's not being contested. (Yay, unknown effects of undetermined congeners!) The link mentioned above seems to have been made on the grounds of 'Hey, when you draw these two the right way, they look somewhat like each other!' - which, of course, doesn't work very well.

Jeff

Haven't had Jäger in many years. It's truly special stuff, somehow it achieves effects that no other alcoholic beverage can, universally in everyone. Really not looking to get that crazy these days. :lol:

The thing is I want to get a bottle just to keep around the house and have a sip every once in while, just for kicking back purposes, but I know myself to well to know that if I do I'll drink half that same day and as soon as I have some friends over we'll down the rest and I'll either end up on the ground in front of the opera house puking myself in the face (AGAIN), or getting kicked out of one of the like 2 decent bars in town.

edit: wow, longest sentance ever

TheWinterSnow (I should remember names more easily... oh, well): lots of different alcoholic drinks give different buzzes - down a few V&Ts or G&Ts and compare that to a bottle of wine. That's not being contested. (Yay, unknown effects of undetermined congeners!) The link mentioned above seems to have been made on the grounds of 'Hey, when you draw these two the right way, they look somewhat like each other!' - which, of course, doesn't work very well.

Jeff

I agree completely.

Beer makes me social.
Booze makes me party.
Whiskey makes me sleepy.
Liqueur makes me mellow.
etc. etc.

But i am 100% sure that Tuhjone makes you go crazy, because ive seen friends drink real absinthe(Without knowing it, so no placebo.), and they all have gone completely berserk!
Im not so sure about the amount in Jäger though.. but i do taste wormwood.

I figured the whole "different types of alcoholic beverages have different effects" thing was common knowledge.
This is why I am a cider connosieur, there's nothing that beats the feeling of a nice cider.

That must be right to heal wounds, not drink! You can waste your esophagus and stomach... and even die.

A few years ago I was in Italy and those 95% bottles stood next to the other liquors in the supermarket.
But I have to admit that I didn't have the balls to buy it.

It's "pure" ethanol (about as pure as possible in a remaining liquid state) and due to its "tastelessness" designated to be used to create other liquors (from berries, herbs etc.).

You can, however, drink it pure and it's not directly health-threatening in small doses.

It IS totally stupid an ghetto, but that's what you do when you're a stupid teenager. "Hey, this is the hardest alcohol we can possibly get, so let's drink it!"

We also used to fill this stuff into nasal spray dispensers and inject it into our noses... during classes. :zombie:

Stupid kids, do stupid things.

haha Jägermeister is fucking awesome, especially on rainy festival nights :rofl:
evil stuff is "Flying Hirsch"...Jager+RedBull...jummy

It tastes like mint to me.
Comparing it to other alcoholic beverages, it's actually the easiest for me to get down.
I can drink it straight with no chaser, etc.

I used to be a big fan of Vodka and Whiskey, but I just can't handle it anymore: Too many bad experiences that make me gag at the thought.

My drink of choice is a nice, cold beer. :)

It tastes like mint to me.
Comparing it to other alcoholic beverages, it's actually the easiest for me to get down.
I can drink it straight with no chaser, etc.

I used to be a big fan of Vodka and Whiskey, but I just can't handle it anymore: Too many bad experiences that make me gag at the thought.

My drink of choice is a nice, cold beer. :)

You are correct sir!
A hot summer festival, nice cold beer and naked chicks! :headbang: