Fucking Jager..

The more you guys talk about this shit, the more I want to stress-test myself and try it! :lol:

Go for it! :D
It tastes like Rum that has been filtered to a vomit filled sock, but once its in your system, it kicks like a f*cking horse! :lol:

I dont know how its in the rest of the world, but in Sweden you can buy Wormwood in almost every single herbal store in the country.
It was actually Absinthe and other spirits using Wormwood as an active ingredient that was banned, but it was still ok to use it for its taste.

It is a secret, i know that.. but if you know how Wormwood tastes, you know that Jäger contains it.
The 2 most dominant tastes in Jägermeister is Anise and Wormwood.
And the "ban" on absinthe was actually a ban on the type of spirit and the active component(Thujone.), NOT on the herb it self.
Also, if i remember correctly, Thujone was never really banned, just restricted to a less then 5% content(Saw that in an episode of "The Thirsty Traveler").

In the states there are pretty strict regulations as to how much thujone can be in products including absinthe. But it is legal to import posses and consume high level thujone products.

Taking a quick look at thujone reveals that it was once believed to be a cannabinol. I always though that Jager always gave a marijuana type of high, very relaxing, calming, almost tranquilizer like. And considering that it does contain wormwood, it will have some levels of thujone in it. And even here in the US, the amount legal is 10mg/Kg, and the lethal dose of thujone is about 45mg/Kg.

So that could explain where the bat shit crazy personalities are coming from in binge drinkers that black out. Doesn't seem to do that to me, though, more of just a sedative, weed-like buzz on top of the alcohol.

It is a secret, i know that.. but if you know how Wormwood tastes, you know that Jäger contains it.
The 2 most dominant tastes in Jägermeister is Anise and Wormwood.
And the "ban" on absinthe was actually a ban on the type of spirit and the active component(Thujone.), NOT on the herb it self.
Also, if i remember correctly, Thujone was never really banned, just restricted to a less then 5% content(Saw that in an episode of "The Thirsty Traveler").

Yeah, but you originally said "it contains absinthe". ;) I guess we were just getting caught up in semantics.

Yup, Stroh is awful. Absolutely fucking awful. And this comes from someone who has got drunk from hand disinfection gel. The name is quite fitting though, since *STROH* is the sound you make when you scream and vomit at the same time.

So much lulz in this post - hand disinfection gel? :lol: Blecchh, I was under the impression that isopropyl (AKA disinfecting) alcohol just makes you sick, unlike the ethyl - I guess if anyone could handle it though, it'd be a Finn :D

See I am the other way, can't stand booze that smells and tastes like I am drinking rubbing alcohol.

That's where juice comes in ;) (I much prefer the sweetness from the mixer, not the booze)

Yeah, but you originally said "it contains absinthe". ;) I guess we were just getting caught up in semantics.

Ah, yeah, sorry for that. :)

So much lulz in this post - hand disinfection gel? :lol: Blecchh, I was under the impression that isopropyl (AKA disinfecting) alcohol just makes you sick, unlike the ethyl - I guess if anyone could handle it though, it'd be a Finn :D

Hand disinfection gel contains Denatured Alcohol, which is Ethanol that is denatured with other chemicals to make it taste absolutely terrible and/or make you vomit.

My friend got drunk on aftershave, and the only problems he had was that it was almost impossible to keep it down(Because of the taste.), and that he drank too much so he got alcohol poisoning(2 shots in a row.)! :lol:

The black licorice flavor you taste in Jager and Absinthe is herb Anise. Its what makes black licorice taste the way it does. There's also a drink from turkey called Roki that has a similar flavor, because of the anise. Wiki it...

The black licorice flavor you taste in Jager and Absinthe is herb Anise. Its what makes black licorice taste the way it does. There's also a drink from turkey called Roki that has a similar flavor, because of the anise. Wiki it...

Actually, black liquorice gets it taste from the root of the liquorice plant! ;)
Salty liquorice gets it taste from Ammonium Chloride.

But yes, Jäger gets its liquorice like taste from Anise.

The cannabis-thujone connection is entirely mythical and absinthe does not contain anything more hallucinogenic than the usual bottle of high-powered booze. Science is there for a reason, guys...

Jeff

Yeah, I gotta say I very much doubt any fermented poison could come close to the effect of my dear cheebah

The first time I got really fucked up on jager was a few years ago when i was 19.

I ended up in a garbage dump thing (luckily it was just for cardboard)

Is 'cheebah' another slang term for cannabis? If so, I must say that there are officially about a billion too many such names, and it may be time to start eliminating them so that non-partaking twats like myself don't have to be so confused.

Jeff

Pretty fucking moronic term for it.
WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST CALL IT WEED AND GET ALONG?

edit: also jeff, I'm curious as to whether you've partaken in said "magical plant" before and if you've avoided it: why? You seem quite the liberal fellow. Not uh, slandering? Your choice or anything, we're all free to do what the fuck we want as far as I see it, I'm just curious is all :)

Even 'weed' is too ambiguous - the fact that its plural form isn't used is helpful, but if the difference between 'garden care' and 'smoking' can't be discerned then it may be time for a different name. How did we wind up with so many names for the stuff, anyway?

Jeff

I can't imagine anyone ever mistaking cannabis for stuff in your garden when approached with the following sentences:
"Wanna smoke some weed?"
"Wanna buy some weed?"
"My garden needs weeding."

Jägermeister has 35%. ;)

And yeah, there's no absinthe in it.

Hardest alcohol I've ever consumed was this stuff:

r0022_G.jpg

Found some 20+ year old bottles of that stuff in a buddy's basement.

That must be right to heal wounds, not drink! You can waste your esophagus and stomach... and even die.

I´m a 110% with you right now... Fucking Jager!! I´m so hangover you wouldn´t believe it guise. My head is going to explode! Fucking Jager. Seriously.