Fulltone OCD for metal?

Forgive my ignorance I haven't been on here in a while and I forgot the best way to search... or there is nothing on the forum about the OCD which I highly doubt :lol:.

Anyways, I tried out a V4 today at a store and seemed pretty awesome used it with a rectoverb25 *what an amp I want one* it had a very different tone/variety then any of the tubescreamers I've got (not really a fan of screamers but you need them to record the heavy stuff with guitar players that don't pick hard). Although I didn't find much on it about using it with say a 5150 III etc. Anybody have any experience to share about it? I think I'm gonna pick up a used one tomorrow for 70$ might even be a V3. Thanks guys!

I have the EH OD glove which is supposed to be a copy of the OCD (a very accurate one from what I've heard) and it will do fine, less middy than the TS more "transparent" in a way.

It does have a healthy amount of output, and it's a nice sounding distortion in its own right. That being said, it doesn't do the bass cut/mid boost thing a TS does. Transparent is a good choice of words. HP/LP mode does offer you some tonal variation- I always preferred HP mode for my own personal use, finding LP too dark. HP mode and judicious use of the tone control could get you there.

That being said, I tracked a doom/death record a few years back where we experimented with my OCD v4, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, and the guitarist's TS9 as an occasional boost. The plain old TS9 won. We had a Dual Rec, Mark V, Triaxis/2:90 and a Diezel Herbert kicking around as well for the high gain stuff, so it's not as if we were constrained by amp choices.

It does sound badass into a somewhat overdriven AC30 for rock tones, this I can verify. As a boost into a high gain amp for metal, YMMV. Worst case, if you think it sucks, you can always take it back.

I`m using Joyo Ultimate Drive which is closer to OCD V4, recently prefer it to TS in most time.
For me it acts like TS in reverse frequency wise - i.e. cut mids.
Works great with single colis or humcancelers on clean channel.
Of course there is some differences between UD and OCD, I`m modded my unit to have High/Low switch as OCD and made True bypass (did not liked sound through it`s active bypass). Still it seems that OCD have different input buffer (different transistor type), while OP Amp and clipping MOSFET`s are the same.
Stock Joyo sound slightly different than OCD in direct comparison.

I also have the Joyo UD. Played an OCD several times. They're close enough for me, and so is the Glove. Nice OD, no Tube Screamer. Well, it is technically a TS clone (diodes in the feedback loop of an op-amp generating clipping), but without the mid hump of a TS, which makes it kinda useless for metal.

It is absolutely not like TS: first stage is MOSFET buffer, then Op-Amp amplification stage (no diodes in feedback loop), then MOSFET clipping stage (V4 and Joyo with additional germanium diode), then additional Op-Amp amplification stage (to increase level after MOSFET clipping), also no diodes in feedback loop. That`s all. Different schematics.
Most clipping comes from MOSFET clipping stage, due to pentode characteristics it sounds like some kind of tube poweramp distortion.

I just couldn't get on with my OCD. I really wanted to like it but it didn't work for me on guitar or bass.
After I brought my EVH5153 I went through a bunch of overdrives and finally settled on the MXR Zakk WYLDE berzerker o/d as a boost