Fun with Metal!

Yeah Saturday night was the last one. Apparently everyone but me was there!

I can't help but think the media are really riding on the words "final" and "last" etc so that when Slayer do anything in the future they can constant drag out the idea that it was finalised and they are backing down on their words.

Reactions: redfly
Well we all know they didn't say they were giving up everything. Everyone from Tom, to Kerry, to their manager has said there is still going to be something happen with Slayer, but of course the media will push their own BS when the time comes.

Given Kerry reckons there is going to be a release of the extra songs from the Repentless sessions I wonder if Gary is going to play on them or if Kerry will just do all the studio work. Obviously they'll need him if they play live but they technically wont need him in the studio.

I read one comment the other day where someone suggested Paul could go back to Testament, I thought that was funny.

Lol, yeah Testament doesn't need Paul. And as I recall, Paul left saying he couldn't play anymore because of his arms and then joined Slayer a couple months later.

Reactions: Slammed
I'm sure any one's seat in any band is only theirs until something better comes along but I can't see Testament getting rid of Gene for Paul. Not that Paul's not good at what he does but it's not like Exodus where they might have got a fill-in, Gene replaced Paul not just filled in for him.

Going by the age and the lack of a 4th member for 'deth doesn't it have to be Poland or Young?

I wonder how any one of them looked at their future back then. The photo must be thirty years old, even if they thought they were going to be megastars I wonder if they thought they'd still be going in 2019.

I wonder how any one of them looked at their future back then. The photo must be thirty years old, even if they thought they were going to be megastars I wonder if they thought they'd still be going in 2019.
I seriously doubt it. I feel like most bands back then didn't stay around very long. Aside from the Stones and AC/DC I can't think of too many that really kept going I guess Aerosmith and Scorpions and KISS but even those bands except AC/DC seemed like they went away for extended periods of time and weren't very productive. It really seems to be a thing with the 80's bands, especially the thrash bands staying around.

:rofl: Even more than any of that questionable stuff I just typed. When you're the age those guys were in that picture 30 years seems like an eternity away.

Reactions: Slammed
I don't remember having thoughts about a future when I was that age, I don't remember having such thoughts when I was young. I wanted to drive trucks from a young age but I never thought of it as a career, and I certainly didn't leave school with any future goals. Damn I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly