Funniest thing heard at TEXAS MADFEST

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Bryan:"OMG! ARE YOU GUYS IN A BAND?!?!"
Rafael: "No, We Are Soccer Players."
Bryan:"YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL!"

In the loud venue after Biffle talked to Lance King.
Me: "That was Ian, on the forum he's Dolamite S. Biffle"
Lance: "What? Dolamite Ass-Pimple??" :zombie: :lol:

There are pages more!
:headbang:

"It'll be the first headline on Blabbermouth... Lance King Kills Mindflow!"
"I guess their Minds Flew?"

"Taco Cabana is our reference point for all of Houston."

You may want to clarify that Blabbermouth one for our readers ;) Yes, it was easily the funniest thing all weekend!

And Taco Cabana is the BEST reference in town! It's at the nexus of the Madfest universe - 1960 & Jones Rd! :lol:

"It'll be the first headline on Blabbermouth... Lance King Kills Mindflow!"
You may want to clarify that Blabbermouth one for our readers ;) Yes, it was easily the funniest thing all weekend!

Okay, I'd better clarify, since THAT one was mine.

It's Thursday afternoon, and we're heading back from Houston-Hobby Airport toward the hotel (let's be real, it's a motel) in rush-hour traffic and a thunderstorm. John is leading the way in a rented Jeep Laredo, then Mindflow are following in their rental (a Suburban), and Lance is following Mindflow in a Chevy Uplander van, with me as his sole passenger. (Yeah, I was ridin' in style. Lance King as my personal driver. I'm expecting Geoff Tate to shine my shoes back at the motel. :lol: ) Note that none of the drivers actually knows Houston roads all that well, and the grueling ride back to the motel takes at least two hours when it can be done in 40 minutes.

At a few times, Lance had to come to a quick stop in bumper-to-bumper traffic. After one such incident, I kinda looked over slyly and said "I can just see the Blabbermouth headline now: "Brazilian band Mindflow killed by vocalist Lance King."
And now you know.....the rest of the story. :D

"I guess their Minds Flew?"

No, only Rafael's. That was my quote also....and was based on Rafael's fascinating attempt to communicate with Houston's unusually loud bird-life at 5am on Sunday, in the Taco Cabana parking lot. I'm kicking myself for leaving my camera back at the hot-- err, motel. It was truly one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had. Especially since he was succeeding. :worship:

"Taco Cabana is our reference point for all of Houston."
And Taco Cabana is the BEST reference in town! It's at the nexus of the Madfest universe - 1960 & Jones Rd! :lol:

Yep.

Heck, my Madfest culinary experience -- which ironically enogh, never involved Texas barbecue -- began and ended at Taco Cabana and with MindFlow: Thursday night and again late Sat./early Sunday. :headbang:

Smiley (I think): We're going to change your name from "Rob Young on bass" to "Rob Young on burrito"
Rob: It's a fajita! You're from California, don't you know the difference?!

For me, that would be the "NO" Tammy gave me to both my marriage proposals!!!!! Come to think of it, it wasn't all THAT funny!!! :loco:

GREAT festival guyz!!

Chris :headbang:

Awww!! Thanks Chris! No hard feelings, eh? :saint:

Shane quoting Lance the first time he saw his dog "That is the most dog in the least amount of space I have ever seen" Or something to that effect.

It makes total sense when you see Shane's dog.:OMG:

Shane quoting Lance the first time he saw his dog "That is the most dog in the least amount of space I have ever seen" Or something to that effect.

It makes total sense when you see Shane's dog.:OMG:

Oh yeah, I remember that! He said his dog is as wide as it is long, like a square! :lol: I had forgotten about that and didn't get to see the dog at the BBQ. Maybe Shane can post a picture!

Another quote that really tickled my funny-bone:

Danilo from MindFlow: "Hello Houston, are you MAD?! Are you MAD!?"
A shout back: "Yeah, we're f***in' PISSED!!"

At Taco Cabana Saturday night (Sunday morning I guess???) a very intoxicated bass player for a band ;) we saw talking to some random girls. He said something to them and they all just kind of walked away and sat down at a table making faces.

When he sat down at our table not only did he grab his scorching HOT fajita platter...... Shaney said "Dude, were you hitting on those girls" he says, "Ya, they're stuck up bitches though. You know what I said to them? I said DO YOU BITCHES EVEN KNOW WHO I AM? We're famous, aren't we Shane?"

LOL. A real lady killer ;) It was hilarious.

Another........
John to me: So what are you doing in North Carolina, Tess? <Before I coud answer> Just sitting around waiting for a hurricane to pass through?

AHAHAHAHAA!!! Pretty much.

After eating at Whataburger that sacred first time, PatrickHoyt suddenly looks up from the triple cheeseburger he's just finished and says in wonderment.... "Wow. That hamburger was as big as my HEAD!"

:lol: :lol:

Oh, another funny scene:

It's Thursday and I've just arrived from ATL at Houston-Hobby Airport, and also discovered that the suspiciously longhaired guys sharing my flight were not only going to Texas Madfest too, but that they were actually MindFlow -- they'd missed their flight and got bumped.

So we've all gathered at Baggage Claim and John is beginning to look a little concerned: the guys in Mindflow keep bringing baggage over to add to their swiftly growing pile....and John has only a rented Laredo and a mnivan available to cart everyone and our luggage back to the hotel.

"Dad....they're bringing MORE stuff over...." (that was John's daughter)
"I know."
(The pile of stuff starts blocking the aisle.)
"Dad...."
"I KNOW."
Finally John steps ruefully over to Lance King. "Lance.....you were right. I was wrong. They brought a LOT of stuff!" :lol:

It all worked out in the end, as Mindflow were renting a big vehicle -- a Suburban -- for themselves, and everyone and their luggage made it to the hotel safely after the now-infamous 2-hour ride from hell.

After eating at Whataburger that sacred first time, PatrickHoyt suddenly looks up from the triple cheeseburger he's just finished and says in wonderment.... "Wow. That hamburger was as big as my HEAD!"

:lol: :lol:

IT WAS!!! :lol: No joke! Though I made short work of it, and I made it through a double whataburger in the same 12 hour period. Wicked! :headbang:

one word: "nigcho"

:Smug:

:lol:

haha courtesy of Ernie and myself I suppose.