Funniest things over heard or said this weekend?

Bryan316 said:
Oh man... Toby's doing the whole "FUCK!" thing with the crowd, then he says, "I WANNA FUCK!" instantly, 20 people up front shouts, "FUCK!" and air guitars of Twisted Sister break out! I wanted to see the Edguys play some TS, man! Woulda been hilarious! So of course I shouted at him,

"DO IT!"
"What?"
"DO IT!"
"Fuck?"
"YEAH!"
"But not YOU!"

Burned.

Toby earlier that night, to Rob Rock once he walked off-stage:
"What? I'm just saying that you have a little dick! *Ooooh! from the crowd* How should I know! I'm not gay! I never saw it!.... I've only..... FELT, it...... heh heh...."

And when Eggi and Felix stop playing at the exact same moment. Classic comedy. Even the guys off stage were saying "Whathafa?" to them and laughing!
Haha, that was you? Nice :)

Yeah, pretty much the whole Edguy set was comedy gold/pure awesomeness.

Jon Oliva (room was right across the hall from us) telling my buddy in response to "dude, stop by and have a beer with us"... "sorry bro, I just smoked a big fattie and i'm crashin"

friends Name witheld - guy walks by me and a group of people wearing just a plain black shirt... friends leans in to all of us and says "now that's the best Pain Of Salvation shirt I've ever seen"... hahaha.

edit- Dustin's mangina. That was fucking hysterical.

:tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

I've been around Jon Oliva quite a bit and before their set, he was a one man show. I've heard him say some off the cuff really funny shit. This one at PPV takes the cake. Before their set, he's making wise cracks from behind the thin black curtain at random intervals. Then all of a sudden after several minutes of silence, he says, "...so, I had my tongue up this chick's ass...."

It was so unexpected, I had to look around to see if he said what I thought he said - of course, he had. That was the funniest thing I think I ever heard!!!! The Mountain King, among other great talents, is one of the funniest people I've ever been around.

MK Forever!!!!
Chris

DRFS Rich said:
LOL, the funniest thing I heard was a chick walking behind me, and in front of the dude saying that, over and over... Something along the lines of "It wasn't funny the first time, and it's not getting any funnier."

- R
That was so me! Ugh.......... He kept saying "What is a Tad?" Like he had some stupid joke to go with it. He said it like 7 times and the last time right in my face. I remember the guy in front of me kind of chuckling in agreement.

Nice to meet ya! :wave:

Keep in mind, that was after having to hear him tell Zak Stevens jokes at the other bar. HORRIBLE. I felt like he was following us.

Chris Caffrey was in the elevetor when it opened and he obviously hit the wrong floor and was carrying this heavy box and was really frustrated because people were walking in the elevator. My bass player walks in and right when my drummer starts to walk in Caffrey screams "Stay Out!", you had to be there.

I was eating breakfast with Steve Wacholz and Matt LaPorte got brought up.
The Q:That Matt LaPorte did a pretty good job
Doc:Oh, you mean that guy who looked like a beach bum!

Tobias:I know you guys are tired maybe so you can rest if you would like
Drunk guy in audience:Rest is For the Dead!

Those are just some

BABS said:
Yes, it was. I love that kid in spite of his handicap (big laugh).

When I saw his friends at the Granada I said "You guys need to do an intervention with that boy..."

I talked with him on a few occasions. He was very well spoken and friendly. I like the guy. It takes some grapefruit sized nuts to wear that stuff at a prog and power metal show. Kudos to him.

Bryant

DRFS Rich said:
LOL, the funniest thing I heard was a chick walking behind me, and in front of the dude saying that, over and over... Something along the lines of "It wasn't funny the first time, and it's not getting any funnier."

- R

When I saw the guy the next day, he was more subdued. I doubt he even remembered anything from Friday...and I bet he had one giant hangover.

Bryant said:
I talked with him on a few occasions. He was very well spoken and friendly. I like the guy. It takes some grapefruit sized nuts to wear that stuff at a prog and power metal show. Kudos to him.
Gotta give him credit for standing out in the crowd! When someone says "That goth dude at PP V," there can be precisely one candidate. Instant and unique recognition. :D

(I elected not to wear pvc jeans this year, unlike PP I and II. Bleah, too damned hot.)

Bad Girl Tess said:
That was so me! Ugh.......... He kept saying "What is a Tad?" Like he had some stupid joke to go with it. He said it like 7 times and the last time right in my face. I remember the guy in front of me kind of chuckling in agreement.

Nice to meet ya! :wave:

Keep in mind, that was after having to hear him tell Zak Stevens jokes at the other bar. HORRIBLE. I felt like he was following us.

Nice to meet ya too! That was hilarious!

- R

Pellaz said:
Gotta give him credit for standing out in the crowd! When someone says "That goth dude at PP V," there can be precisely one candidate. Instant and unique recognition. :D

(I elected not to wear pvc jeans this year, unlike PP I and II. Bleah, too damned hot.)
Derek (?) was definitely a cool dude. And Mike got a great picture of his g/f and me with him. :) I'd put it in here if only I could figure out how!

guardian26 said:
How about Tobias cracking up and screwing the lyrics ..."No we are a serious band, we are metal and evil and we are serious!"
I thought of that later after my post - THAT was my favorite funny moment after the "Sha-la-la-la *clap clap*" from Andy in the shuttle. My boyfriend and I have been saying "No, we are serious, we are evil, metla, and serious" ever since!!

On a side note, the guy in the goth gear - one hell of a drink-mixer!!! Great guy and definately a new friend.

Tammy Z

Another great line I heard, as uttered by my friend Meg (ProgMaiden) outside the Fairfield, trying to get Stephan Forte's attention...she just shouted out "hey Forte!"...had my friend and I laughing for a bit :D.

LOL! Dude if I ever say that a guy is so beautiful I wanna cry.... well, I'll never say that, cuz I'm not gay! I swear I'm not! and I'm not marrying Timo Kotipelto! Just cuz I WANNA FUCK, that doesn't mean I'm gay!

Sorry..... heh heh.... that whole shtick was so damn funny....

Riceloft said:
While Daniel Gildenlow was searching for the proper sound for the intro to People Passing by...

Someone in the crowd: YOU CAN DO IT DANIEL!
Daniel: Thanks, I was beginning to doubt myself!
:tickled: That was a friend of mine who yelled that.

Riceloft said:
While Daniel Gildenlow was searching for the proper sound for the intro to People Passing by...

Someone in the crowd: YOU CAN DO IT DANIEL!
Daniel: Thanks, I was beginning to doubt myself!

LMFAO, yeah that was me. :D :Spin: