Funny Opeth review

My friend once compared Damnation to "early" Creed once...:erk:. Needless to say, I almost shot him. He also said Black Rose Immortal sounded like Irish music with distorted guitars. Another friend said Porcupine Tree's "Strip the Soul" sounded like Dredge. My friends don't know much about music.. :ill:

Well PT's In Absentia could easily sound like Dredg from what I've heard of them...only the El Cielo album though.
The other friend's comparisons sound a little stupid.

There's probably a 90% chance that that review is trying to be funny. There are several reviewers going around Amazon that write negative reviews of Opeth cds but clearly are actually fans, like "Freddurstsnumba1fan" or something. He wrote a negative review of damnation I believe, and had written many other reviews of cds like Below the Lights saying how they couldn't play their instruments and positive reviews of Korn that said THEY SUCKED UNTIL THEY TURNED DEATH METAL ON FOLLOW THE LEADER and other stuff. HE is just making fun of actual morons, and my guess is that that guy is too. There's a TINY chance he's serious, but really not much at all, and all you people fell for it.