Galaxy show

chickwithguitar

Purgatory Unleashed
Jun 25, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Just got home.... Christ, that was a sweet show. Went with 3 friends, and my cousins from San Deigo drove up with their best friend (they hung out afterwards and talked to Into Eternity; I had to get my ass home because my ride has to work today.) The opening bands (Scarred, Eternal Nemesis) didn't suck, and that was a pleasant surprise. Then Into Eternity went on, and my friends and I hit the pit. Pumped fists and horns in the air, sang along, headbanged like crazy, started a couple mini-moshes in the corner. Awesome set. Stu sounded even better than he did when they played in July, which is saying a lot. His highs were unbelievable. Rob's growl was sick as hell, and the fretwork and drums were of course excellent.

Rest of the show: Edguy is by far the funniest band I have ever seen play live. Total crack-up. Good music, hilarious stage antics. And Hammerfall kicked ass. They totally worked the crowd for their whole hour set, and then came back out again for an encore. HAM-MER-FALL! HAM-MER-FALL!
:kickass:

This was the best show I've been to yet this year. :headbang:

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
Setlist for IE? I haven't seen anyone say what songs they are playing on their current tour.
They opened with Splintered Visions- the intro sounds even better live than on the cd :headbang:

The rest- might not be in order- were Spiralling Into Depression, Elysium Dream, 3-Dimensional Aperture, Shallow ( :D ), and Beginning of the End.

Hmm, interesting choice of songs, I thought maybe they'd go with more mellow stuff on this tour like Dead Or Dreaming, Buried In Oblivion, or Unholy. It sounds like almost the exact same setlist from the Hater Eternal/Krisiun tour. Hopefully they'll change the setlist and play the more melodic stuff when I see them next year with Sonata Arctica. I would love to hear Speak Of The Dead or Into Eternity (the song), but I'm pretty sure that's never gonna happen.

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
Hmm, interesting choice of songs, I thought maybe they'd go with more mellow stuff on this tour like Dead Or Dreaming, Buried In Oblivion, or Unholy. It sounds like almost the exact same setlist from the Hater Eternal/Krisiun tour. Hopefully they'll change the setlist and play the more melodic stuff when I see them next year with Sonata Arctica. I would love to hear Speak Of The Dead or Into Eternity (the song), but I'm pretty sure that's never gonna happen.
I was surprised at how well they had the power metallers rockin out, cuz they were blasting much heavier songs than any of the other bands on the bill.

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
Well, you have to remember that Tim is the only person in the band that has been there for everything, Rob came in for BiO and Troy, Stu, and Adam came after, so they still might not have every song down %100, so they play what they know. While I have a feeling that Rob has the majority, if not all, the songs down, but Troy, Stu, and Adam came in before they started touring, so I doubt they have everything down, but I could be wrong and they might just be playing the heavier stuff due to who they are billed with. I'm not sure, but maybe someone knows how much they have down.

just a month till i see them again, i'm really looking forward to it. after that show, the concert schedule really picks up & its gonna be 2 crazy months with endless windmill banging & sore necks.