13 - VNV Nation
17 - Katatonia
19 - Omnium Gatherum
12 - Lilitu
6 - Neurosis
12 - Enslaved
11 - Meshuggah (-1)
25 - In Flames

yeah exactly, it´s a game but I had the slight impression some people took it as a war and brought over extreme reactions from the Opeth-forums they just escaped from or voted down other bands just because it´s the opposite of what someone else thinks
And anyways, no cheating on games. Life is funny enough

ok i think its enought talk about that, but would you mind checking who started the whole thing? just a suggestion

Today's vote... btw, about cheating, is anyone watching when everyone's voting? :)

17 - Solefald
18 - Primordial
13 - VNV Nation
17 - Katatonia
19 - Omnium Gatherum
12 - Lilitu
8 - Neurosis
10 - Enslaved
9 - Meshuggah (-2)
27 - In Flames (+2)

hi there.

as i have few things to do these days (and i'm bored with the riddle.. but i'll start making new levels soon), i've produced a php-mysql version of this game.. with a few differences.the first is that you can only vote once a day (this means u assign -1, -2, +1, +2 to a single band every day).. but u can choose from a list of 100 bands! Please take a look at this and let this game be known :D

@nt3n: you're an awesome person! i have but two suggestion: 1 - clarify the rules a bit. ; 2 - could you make it IP-address dependant? it's way too easy to create e-mail addresses, and as you can see from our small example here, there's plenty of people either cheating or bitching about alleged cheaters.

edit: but no, it's pretty clear once you get to the actual vote page. i was probably just being slow and snotty.

17 - Solefald
18 - Primordial
15 - VNV Nation
19 - Katatonia
19 - Omnium Gatherum
12 - Lilitu
8 - Neurosis
12 - Enslaved
5 - Meshuggah
25 - In Flames (-2)

rahvin said:
@nt3n: you're an awesome person! i have but two suggestion: 1 - clarify the rules a bit. ; 2 - could you make it IP-address dependant? it's way too easy to create e-mail addresses, and as you can see from our small example here, there's plenty of people either cheating or bitching about alleged cheaters.

edit: but no, it's pretty clear once you get to the actual vote page. i was probably just being slow and snotty.
the rules io think are pretty clear.. and very fast to read (this is important otherwise people get bored and don't play)... anyway i'll try to see if I can fix it..

the ip-dependance system would be easy to implement but a lot more easier to cheat.. remember that your ip-address changes every time you disconnect and reconnect to the internet.. and I think it's way longer to create multiple email addresses than disconnect and reconnect.. so if people want to cheat they'll have to waste their time in creating fake accounts.. remember: to create a new email account it takes about 5-10 mins. to disconnect and riconnect it only takes 50 seconds... that's why i chose the email-confirmation system.. anyway, as i wrote on the main page: it's just a game.. what would be the point in cheating? no awards are given to winners, so who cares? :D

@nt3n: ok, i might be influenced by the fact that my IP address does not change upon disconnect. ;)

edit: dt were at 100. i gave them 2 points and they got to 102. then i received the e-mail confirmation, clicked on the link, and apparently now dt have 104 points. not that i'm complaining, but... what happened?

rahvin said:
@nt3n: ok, i might be influenced by the fact that my IP address does not change upon disconnect. ;)

edit: dt were at 100. i gave them 2 points and they got to 102. then i received the e-mail confirmation, clicked on the link, and apparently now dt have 104 points. not that i'm complaining, but... what happened?

ah ok.. well anyway i think the majority of people have variable-ip internet connections.. so no problem.

dt were not at 100. they had 102 points cause I voted for them before today. So giving them 2 points, now they have 104 points. it's allright! :D

anyway, before you click on the validation link no points are awarded ;)