Gaming Thread

I have already found an annoying bug on the game. I reported it and i hope it gets fixed. Apparently there are many bugs :erk: oh well...ill continue to play, even though i can't read shit because half of it is OFF THE SCREEN :(

Just got Guitar Hero: World Tour. Kit included

Guitar
Drum Kit
Mic
Drum Sticks
Game
Strap
(Bonus Items for Website Pre-Order)
Rechargeable Battery Pack
Key Chain
T-Shirt
Gig Bag

I only got to play it for an hour, because I had to go to work. The instruments are impressive and very responsive. The drums and high-hat/Crash symbols are made of silicon, so when you hit it, it had a slight bounce so you can do drum rolls, it feels more authentic. They made each pad sound like the actual drum itself, I was impressed with the feeling of it. Everything is adjustable and easy to use, this drum kit kicks some serious ass.

The guitar is also very responsive (note that all of this is wireless) It has not only the 5 original buttons but a touch sensitive pad down the neck that you can do slap bass, tapping solo's and whammy effects and slide guitar. The strum bar is bigger, and the star power button is a big bar next go your palm so it's much easier to go into star power if you don't want to use the tilt sensitive device built into it already (which is also very responsive, i have had no problem with it accidentaly going into star power, which i have happened with several older versions) There is a start button above and below the star power bar, so for those people who want to do lefty flip, you can have the convenience of a start button on either end. The guitar face plate is also removable, and the guitar itself is slightly bigger, but not much.

As for the game, lots of songs, a handful that were already on rock band 2 but it's no biggy. The Metallica Album automatically transfers over to Guitar Hero: World Tour. and they already have some tracks for free to download.

What i want to add, which brings out a whole new experience to the game is the Music Creator. You can get VERY detailed with your songs that you want to create. They worked with Line 6 and added the POD 2.0 into the game with all the effects and cabinets pre-loaded. You can change everything to adding keyboards, synths/effects, drums, rhythm, lead, bass and vocals. You can change key signatures, timing, scales, tempo's (BPM)...it has a mixer board, you can really get detailed with this music Creator I'm not shitting with you. When i first heard of this feature i thought to myself "Meh, it's a game, i doubt they will get detailed with it" well i was fucking wrong. Once your done creating a song, you can upload them to GH Tunes, which is a database of everyones work, and can all be downloaded for free. you can hold up to 200 downloaded songs from GH Tunes and preview the songs before you download them. It all ranges from Hip-Hop, to Metal categories, to even classical.

Now moving on to Character/Band creation. What they did is use the character creations they used on Tony Hawk. Everything is customizable, and when i mean everything, i mean everything. You want to customize your guitar and add layers of effects, transparent effects and colors and graphics to even custom guitar knobs? well you can, even your drum set can have pictures that you added from xbox, graphics and so forth. Again you can get detailed with just about everything on this game. I have just scratched the surface, and I only was able to play it for an hour. You get what you pay for, the $239 was worth it, and you can tell that Red Octane put in some extra work on this stuff. I recommend this for you party goers who like to have a few drinks and have some fun playing some guitar hero or rock band. The feel of the drum kit is amazing, and the sheer quality of all the other instruments is just amazing as well. With 84 songs to unlock, and not including the extra songs and free customizable downloads, your in for a few days of playing before you unlock everything.

Rating - 5/5

go get it.

And on Thursday i purchase FALLOUT 3. So many games, not enough time to play them all :(

Ok so i went and bought Fallout III (Collectors Edition) & Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'll end up getting Dead Space later. But anywho, the Collectors Edition was mocking me so I had to get that. It is this cool tin lunchbox, comes with the game (of course), art book, the making of DVD and a cool Bobble Head!.

and i bought a 12 pack of Amber Bock. and a 32oz bottle of mikes hard lemonade.

So I begin my awesome night...

Fact:If you work at least 40 hours a week and have time to play video games, your social life sucks.

Or you're sleep deprived.

Fuck that, I'm cool with chillin' with a few folks every 2-3 weeks. I feel that it's sad if your happiness is dependent on spending as much time with other people as possible. Besides, not like you get laid more than any of us.

I'll just be buying Far Cry 2 for now, can't really afford anything else.

Hrrrr, I'm getting a little paranoid about torrents, my ISP is Virgin Media and they are literally ALWAYS in the news about getting people arrested and shit.

Oh shit, yeah I forgot about other countries in the world getting assfucked by their ISPs... thank god Canada's laws (for now) pretty much let you download whatever you want. Btw, use rapidshare.

Fact:If you work at least 40 hours a week and have time to play video games, your social life sucks.

Or you're sleep deprived.

Fact: I don't have a social life, but I'm perfectly content in staying in and indulging myself in games and fulfilling my inner geek. If i were to hang out with friends, guess what we would be doing? Playing video games and drinking. It's nothing different then what I do here. I also get laid whenever i feel like it, without having to get a girl drunk.

:danceboy:

i've been DAMN lucky with how frivulous i am with my torrents, that I haven't been caught yet. i think time warner isin't too worried about it because i never hear about anyone getting arrested up here.

Call Of Duty 5 i deff going to be my next time wasting shooter.

beta is fun right now and its only up to level 40 and 3 maps over and over...

EDIT: lol im basically the same way, i don't work much so my free time is games and music. but me and my friends will usually go out and do something every once in a while, because we all fucking need it :loco: