Gaming....

Originally posted by Symphony
Ayeka.....I started playing one of the Final Fantasy games last Xmas. Really impressed with the whole thing apart from the fight sequences which got quite tedious after a while.

Dude, which # was it?! I can understand where you're coming from with the fights, I've had at least one of my mates tell me that constant fighting was spoiling the game for them. But I've also had some conversations that part of the appeal of the game (particularly in FF7) was obsessively watching your experience and AP grow and seeing how close you were to getting the new spells and abilities. I guess it's down to how much patience and how little life one has that enables one to relentlessly plough on like that :D

You could make things challenging and run away from every battle you'd otherwise have to fight :cool: that earns kudos in some circles...

Ayeka....I believe the offending game was number 8. It just did my head in after a while. The rest of the game was ok though...needless to say I never completed the damn thing:lol:

I'm glad to know that others have experienced the same frustration though

Eagle.....yeah I follow Rugby League too, ever since Jonathan Davies left Wales to play for Widnes and Warrington I believe. I always look to see how they get on and watch it on tv

Ooooh gods, yeah.... Final Fantasy 8 has always been a chore for me to play. I must've started playing it at least 5 times now or something, never got further than the very beginning of disc 4. Maybe it's missing a bit of the FF magic by not being so far removed from reality...marks my words, mate, you definately are not alone on that one!