gas prices ...

do you guys the effect this will have on the economy in the short term ... all truck carriers will increase shipping rates ... already one of my business partners is being affected with an almost 100% increase in shipping prices (he sells large medical equipment)

increased transportation costs = increase in price for consumer goods.

fotmbm said:
And your prices are still half what ours are so shut the fuck up or I'll unleash the Big Internet Dictionary of Foul Words on y'all

shut up you still have moo cows to pull your wheat :loco:

hahahaha

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050819/bs_nm/markets_oil_dc_30

i fucking swear, oil dickheads must laugh their balls off at the world. wake up people! they own your fucking ass and don't give a shit!

my favorite is when winter rolls around and they say "oh we're using a winter blend, and it's more expensive" so the prices go up. then summer comes back and they say "oh we're using a summer blend, and it's more expensive" so the prices go up again.

awesome! :kickass:

$2.53 today, $2.55 yesterday. last time i gassed up it was something like $2.45. dudes, lets keep in mind crude oil prices are going up because of increasing demand (our good pals in china) and decreasing supply. it's pretty simple. yeah, US prices include alot of taxes but they pay for the roads on which you drive. personally, i'm happy to see it. i dont give a shit if it gets up to $5 a gallon for 87 octane. Americans need to suffer for their greed and unending energy consumption. we all know automobiles are probably the stupidest thing ever invented and no one ever did anything about it. i think it may be good for us in the long run as im hoping it will force American cities to invest in some real transit systems.

btw: you guys who ride bikes are awesome. i wish i had the wherewithall to do that.

One Inch Man said:
and they say "oh we're using a summer blend, and it's more expensive" so the prices go up again.
hahahaha! i love the blends. what a bunch of shit. its fucking OIL.

US prices include alot of taxes but they pay for the roads on which you drive. personally, i'm happy to see it.

fuck that ... here the prices are sky high and the roads are filled with potholes.
I just replaced all the wheels on my car last week ... 3 out of 4 wheels were bent ... fuck!!!!

Yea no fucking kidding lurch. Where are these beautiful roads in which you speak of? You can pay $5 all you want dorian. I got better shit to spend my money on. It isnt like I'm joyriding around town every day of the week. I mainly just drive to work (10 miles), and to grab the occasional bite (2miles). Bicycles wouldn't do me no good either. I used to work 20 miles away, my car got impounded, and I tried doing the old bicycle to work gig. I don't have time to be arsed to do such a thing. And I sure the hell don't plan on applying at the local 7-11, just so I can work a hop skip and a jump away. Automobiles are a magnificent invention. Without them, where the fuck would we be? The only problem is the way in which we fuel them. If you want to fix the loose chain on your huffy every 5 miles, then be my guest.

One Inch Man said:
holy shit nobody has said it in this thread yet?

4 more years.

I thought an alternative energy source was much longer in the future...seriously, as easy as blaming Bush for everything can be, this goes far beyond him being a puppet of big oil...the real enemy is our lifestyle of consumption and excess, and especially our affinity for gaudy earth raping vehicles and the assholes who drive them. Enjoy having your wallets ripped out. And then there's the consequences of inevitable oil depletion, which is far more frightening than anything Al-Qaeda is capable of...

Demonspell said:
I thought an alternative energy source was much longer in the future...seriously, as easy as blaming Bush for everything can be, this goes far beyond him being a puppet of big oil...the real enemy is our lifestyle of consumption and excess, and especially our affinity for gaudy earth raping vehicles and the assholes who drive them. Enjoy having your wallets ripped out. And then there's the consequences of inevitable oil depletion, which is far more frightening than anything Al-Qaeda is capable of...

yeah, is anyone else excited for the massive economic collapse that is going to happen? it'll be like one of them post-apocalyptic movies pretty soon. we'll all be wearing REAL bullet belts and driving old motorcycles around and have long dirty hair and rob people. then end up in an epic battle with a one-eyed george bush.

/sarcasm

I welcome the full depletion of all oil. I really do. THn we can all have electric run cars or solar power vehicles. I'm sure the gov't will somehow tax the use of the sun as energy though.

J. said:
I welcome the full depletion of all oil. I really do. THn we can all have electric run cars or solar power vehicles. I'm sure the gov't will somehow tax the use of the sun as energy though.

They'd probably just tax according to mileage. :loco:

dorian gray said:
$2.53 today, $2.55 yesterday. last time i gassed up it was something like $2.45. dudes, lets keep in mind crude oil prices are going up because of increasing demand (our good pals in china) and decreasing supply. it's pretty simple. yeah, US prices include alot of taxes but they pay for the roads on which you drive. personally, i'm happy to see it. i dont give a shit if it gets up to $5 a gallon for 87 octane. Americans need to suffer for their greed and unending energy consumption. we all know automobiles are probably the stupidest thing ever invented and no one ever did anything about it. i think it may be good for us in the long run as im hoping it will force American cities to invest in some real transit systems.

btw: you guys who ride bikes are awesome. i wish i had the wherewithall to do that.

Exactly (more or less :loco: ) what I was going to say. I'm not upset about prices going up; I hope it inspires more people to buy hybrids and car companies to come up with even more... much more... fuel efficient cars. We're not in the market for a car right now, but next time we buy one, I'd love to get a hybrid. My mother has been driving a Prius for years and absolutely loves it (she is obsessively eco-friendly).

Thing is, it's been proven hybrids don't save the consumer much money at all when it comes to gas, and they are much more expensive than standard vehicles.

when a $12k civic gets 35 mpg and the $20k civic hybrid gets 50mpg, the only point in buying a hybrid is to show solidarity as a greenie. when they get cheaper, i'm sure more people will buy them.

personally, i'm waiting for the hydrogen car.

honda.fcx.det.500.jpg

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/specialreports/articles/100335/article.html

go honda. :headbang: