gay-metal and the albums you are ashamed to like from this most popular of subgenres

Farmer Boys. >_> I honestly do not know how I enjoy them, but they are so FUCKING cheesy and kind of musically horrible. Yet I still enjoy them.

polarity3 said:
i do :confused:

except sometimes my mom tells me to turn it down.....

:lol:

Good. Do you like hearing others people music in your house really loud ?

I don't

The Grimace said:
What exactly disqaulifies AIC as a "metal" band? Though maybe 1/4 of their music was acoustic/melodic, and another 1/4 was four-on-the-floor hardrock, half the time they were still heavier than 7/8ths of the music passing as meht-hul these days.

(Hooray 4 fractionz...)

Maybe because Jerry Cantrell and Layne Staley themselves have said that AIC is not a metal band.

The Greys said:
:lol:

Good. Do you like hearing others people music in your house really loud ?

I don't

Haha good point, neighbours put all that new punk music on, really loud. :err:

Kind of ashamed by it.. but err the New/Newish Slipknot album, subliminal voices I think it's called.

I actually like it because the Singer.. sings and a BIT OF effort is put into the instrumental, the start of Opium of People is pretty cool.

i still listen to a bunch of nu-metal bands that i listend to before i got into DM and BM.

i'm listening to Neil Diamond right now. so fuck all of you. :p

polarity3 said:
actually no im ashamed to like it because i can tell its pretty throwaway stuff but its still enjoyable. no doubt's "tragic kingdom" is more substantial pop music than in flames, i'm not ashamed to enjoy that :)

What the fuck are you saying? In Flames = pop music so presumably The Jester Race = pop music and Tragic Kingdom is more substantial pop music than In Flames? What if the Jester Race isn't pop music? I think I could make a case for that. I don't even know how your post is even relevant because you didn't even mention The Jester Race there. For what exactly are you making a case? But the real question is, what is it about No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom that makes it more substantial than The Jester Race?

ps - why am I even asking? You're either going to give me some faux-analytical, horribly misguided argument for your position or you'll just back off and say that it's just your opinion.

Cythraul said:
What the fuck are you saying? In Flames = pop music so presumably The Jester Race = pop music and Tragic Kingdom is more substantial pop music than In Flames? What if the Jester Race isn't pop music? I think I could make a case for that. I don't even know how your post is even relevant because you didn't even mention The Jester Race there. For what exactly are you making a case? But the real question is, what is it about No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom that makes it more substantial than The Jester Race?

ps - why am I even asking? You're either going to give me some faux-analytical, horribly misguided argument for your position or you'll just back off and say that it's just your opinion.

you are gay

Alice In Chains are a pretty underrated band in my opinion. Jerry Cantrell is underrated as a musician, guitarist, and vocalist. He has written some fantastic stuff.

Also, if Mudvayne was the only thing that I could listen to somewhere, I would not really mind at all. I do not listen to them anymore, but I think that their music is pretty good.

I still enjoy HIM's first two albums, some 69 Eyes, some Nightwish, and some Type O Negative.... *sigh That felt good to get out. Like therapy.