Gear Advice ?

IDeclareWar!

New Metal Member
Nov 2, 2012
Hey i'm Alex, i was hoping some of you could help me with advice on what I should do to make my sound tighter. I'm looking for a sound like Despised Icon, Whitechapel, Winds Of Pleauge and Within In The Ruins. Really crunchy and heavy sounding with less bass/fuzzy sound.

My gear:
Jackson Dinky
EMG pickups Sa/Sa/85X chrome (my 81 blew out so I just replaced it)
RP7 Valve state Digitech pedal from august 1997
MG412A 120 watt 4x12 Marshall Cabinet
MG100HDFX Marshall Head
and a gain nob

Background Info:
I got decent tone out of the pedal but ive always had a ruffling noise for a few years, finally looked into it and found out it was my bridge 81 emg pickup that went bad. I replaced it with the 85X chrome and ever since I have had obnoxious feedback and loud amp fuzz when I stop playing. I went to guitar center and tried an external noise gate without the pedal and it sounded clean again but the tone out of just a head wasn't full and heavy enough for the sound I want. The noise gate w/ the pedal doesnt do anything. I was wondering if I could have advice on what I should do to get a full sound and eliminate the feedback/fuzz noise. thanks!

Hey i'm Alex, i was hoping some of you could help me with advice on what I should do to make my sound tighter. I'm looking for a sound like Despised Icon, Whitechapel, Winds Of Pleauge and Within In The Ruins. Really crunchy and heavy sounding with less bass/fuzzy sound.

My gear:
Jackson Dinky
EMG pickups Sa/Sa/85X chrome (my 81 blew out so I just replaced it)
RP7 Valve state Digitech pedal from august 1997
MG412A 120 watt 4x12 Marshall Cabinet
MG100HDFX Marshall Head
and a gain nob

Background Info:
I got decent tone out of the pedal but ive always had a ruffling noise for a few years, finally looked into it and found out it was my bridge 81 emg pickup that went bad. I replaced it with the 85X chrome and ever since I have had obnoxious feedback and loud amp fuzz when I stop playing. I went to guitar center and tried an external noise gate without the pedal and it sounded clean again but the tone out of just a head wasn't full and heavy enough for the sound I want. The noise gate w/ the pedal doesnt do anything. I was wondering if I could have advice on what I should do to get a full sound and eliminate the feedback/fuzz noise. thanks!
Have you tried out the zvex box of metal it's got an effective gate, if your amp gain is kept to a minimum it should work out well.:Smokin: