Gear enough - Downsizing

MindMunch

Jan 17, 2011
Anyone here don´t feel like buying any more gear? Realized that what you already have is enough for making great records, so stopped "GAS'ing" for more stuff?

Recently I´ve listed on a paper what I think it´s the mininum gear (hardware & software) I need to get a great result for each task (vocals, guitar, drums, bass, mixing, synths, etc) and I realized that I only need 3 more mics and that´s it. Even sold all the stuff that I had and wasn´t on the list to help me buy the ones on the list that I don´t have yet.

Doing this exercise helped me to set goals and focus. Stop wasting time and money on stuff that I don´t need. Sometimes having too many options overwhelms me, and I feel more productive with a limited set of tools, as long as I know that they´re enough to get the job done.

Have you ever planned something like this to get away from the "gear loop"?

You are doing it wrong. We don't buy gear to get better results, we buy gear because we have GAS. It's nothing to do with how good you are. How can you resist a new gear with fancy leds, faders and stuff? Come on... :lol:

Yup ....

My rig is as simple as it gets

IMAG0405.jpg

3 Guitars, for 2 different tuning and one set up for slide.

CFH Wha, ZW OD, TS9, Chorus, Delay, Fiddy, Marshall or Mesa Cab depending on my mood.... DONE