Being motorized for spring/summer

People in the US generally don't ride them because they think they are for pussies. They need to make up for thier little weiners by driving Hummers, riced-out Toyotas and Hondas, and 1-ton Hemi Pickups: all of which are hardly purchased out of serving any true purpose otherwise.

yea, but the problem here is that for the people who do get over the whole "pussy" thing, they end up putting themselves at shitloads of risk due to all of the people they share the road with who are in bigass vehicles, going way too fast, and looking down at them like...well...pussies

then there's also the fact that small scooters like that are unfortunately totally impractical in many parts of this country because we're do damned spread out. they're absolutely perfect in cramped euro cities, but completely out of place in most of america.

puch.jpg

???????????

Yeah dude, I've wanted one for awhile now, and Standards are so cool because they have a bit more practicality than most bikes (mainly because of comfort of the riding position, as well as the storage). I don't have my license yet (hell, I've never even ridden any kind of motorcycle :lol: ) but it's never too late to start! :D

That´s it, dude :kickass: I only live once and this is a dream I never give up. Where is the motorcycle smiley, when I need it? :D

I had dramatic discussions with my girlfriend about owning a motorcycle in the last month. She´s afraid, that I could die on those machines (she lost family members, because of that). I understand her position - she understands my position. Yesterday we talked about it again and actually found an agreement: We both will make the licence for the big machines together in a couple of years (after saving enough money). I can live with it! Until then I will use my mountain bike furthermore :)

I hope you liked my small story about compromises in a realationship :lol:

yea, but the problem here is that for the people who do get over the whole "pussy" thing, they end up putting themselves at shitloads of risk due to all of the people they share the road with who are in bigass vehicles, going way too fast, and looking down at them like...well...pussies

then there's also the fact that small scooters like that are unfortunately totally impractical in many parts of this country because we're do damned spread out. they're absolutely perfect in cramped euro cities, but completely out of place in most of america.

Troof once again

That´s it, dude :kickass: I only live once and this is a dream I never give up. Where is the motorcycle smiley, when I need it? :D

I had dramatic discussions with my girlfriend about owning a motorcycle in the last month. She´s afraid, that I could die on those machines (she lost family members, because of that). I understand her position - she understands my position. Yesterday we talked about it again and actually found an agreement: We both will make the licence for the big machines together in a couple of years (after saving enough money). I can live with it! Until then I will use my mountain bike furthermore :)

I hope you liked my small story about compromises in a realationship :lol:

Dude, that's a fucking AWESOME compromise, having your fiancee learn to ride also would be badass I would think :kickass: