Being motorized for spring/summer

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Edit:

Hi dudes :)

I consider being motorized, until I have enough money to buy a good car. What do you think about this kind of vehicle? Would you drive with something like this? Have you some kind of experience with it actually?

OR

:lol: THIS! To be honest, this is my real dream. The disadvantage is, I need a licence for it. My girlfriend kills me. I don´t have one penny for gear in the next years. How would you deceide? In this case, my car plans would be deleted for the moment :D Holy shit, I hate being undecided.

I want one of those little fuckers after visiting Europe again, haha. Everywhere I went in Holland and Germany there were tons of bikes and those fun looking machines. How much do those cost typically Felix? You should turbocharge it...\m/

-Joe

drive one of those around in the US, and you're fucking dead. seriously. people here have no love for scooters...

drive one of those around in the US, and you're fucking dead. seriously. people here have no love for scooters...

Why? Those vehicles are very practical, although this is one thing NOT: A status symbol. In Europe, especially in Southern Europe this scooters are very popular. I´m not sure, if I should buy one now, or making the licence for the big motorcycle. In the second case, I would give up my plans for new studio and guitar gear :erk:

I want one of those little fuckers after visiting Europe again, haha. Everywhere I went in Holland and Germany there were tons of bikes and those fun looking machines. How much do those cost typically Felix? You should turbocharge it...m/

-Joe

The Aprilia sr50 is available in 3 different price categories, but I heared, this little fucker is far the best scooter of all. Around 2000 Euros, but I´d try to get it secondhanded for 1000. Otherwise I could do the licence for the big ones. Not easy :)

Why? Those vehicles are very practical, although this is one thing NOT: A status symbol. In Europe, especially in Southern Europe this scooters are very popular. I´m not sure, if I should buy one now, or making the licence for the big motorcycle. In the second case, I would give up my plans for new studio and guitar gear :erk:

In the U.S., at least in suburban U.S. where I live, we tend to drive a lot more than the average European from what I've seen. Also, the way suburban cities are structured is way different than in Europe. A lot of our shit is too far away to really make it on a scooter. While NYC has a lot of bike riders and some scooters, it still pales to the amount I've seen in Europe!

-Joe

The Aprilia sr50 is available in 3 different price categories, but I heared, this little fucker is far the best scooter of all. Around 2000 Euros, but I´d try to get it secondhanded for 1000. Otherwise I could do the licence for the big ones. Not easy :)

I'm scared to buy a real motorcycle...so easy to die on one of those things!

-Joe

In the U.S., at least in suburban U.S. where I live, we tend to drive a lot more than the average European from what I've seen. Also, the way suburban cities are structured is way different than in Europe. A lot of our shit is too far away to really make it on a scooter. While NYC has a lot of bike riders and some scooters, it still pales to the amount I've seen in Europe!

-Joe

Haha yeah, I guess in Florida, for example, nobody would ever buy a scooter :lol: That make sense to me! I think a lot of the typcial scooters look like shit, but this exemplar has a nice design and don´t looks too uncool imo. I like the blue rims for example :lol:

Haha yeah, I guess in Florida, for example, nobody would ever buy a scooter :lol: That make sense to me! I think a lot of the typcial scooters look like shit, but this exemplar has a nice design and don´t looks too uncool imo. I like the blue rims for example :lol:

I'd be happy to ride one of those around Germany...looks like fun. :)

I rented an OLD bicycle in Amsterdam that I thought was going to break any second lol. I would have much rather had one of those.

-Joe

I'd be happy to ride one of those around Germany...looks like fun. :)

I rented an OLD bicycle in Amsterdam that I thought was going to break any second lol. I would have much rather had one of those.

-Joe

Haha yeah, this Aprilia sr 50 even has some kind of board computer and stuff, pretty sience fiction but it does not fly, unfortunately :) It would be perfect, to drive here, where I live. Though the big dream is it to drive a powerful motorcycle someday..(maybe when I´m 42 years old and middle in some kind of midlife crisis, wait out)

Haha yeah, this Aprilia sr 50 even has some kind of board computer and stuff, pretty sience fiction but it does not fly, unfortunately :) It would be perfect, to drive here, where I live. Though the big dream is it to drive a powerful motorcycle someday..(maybe when I´m 42 years old and middle in some kind of midlife crisis, wait out)

Yah dude! Those guys on the sport bikes are insane. It's crazy how fast those things can go with no modifications.

Now if they could fly, I'd be in. \m/

-Joe

While I dont drive one and I don't even have a license I can't say a thing about the scooter itself, but...

Those things are so practical here, you can drive anywhere without caring that much about parking, gas, traffic jams....if you live in the city and want to move without depending on bus/train, it's your thing, and it's not that pricey.
At least in my country, getting into the city with a car is a joke by itself, you can't park without spending hours looking for a place, pay for it, spend gallons of gas driving in round circles, traffic jams, etc...
My gf needs the car because of her job ( construction manager), but she hates all the costs a car has.

I say go get it ;)

While I dont drive one and I don't even have a license I can't say a thing about the scooter itself, but...

Those things are so practical here, you can drive anywhere without caring that much about parking, gas, traffic jams....if you live in the city and want to move without depending on bus/train, it's your thing, and it's not that pricey.
At least in my country, getting into the city with a car is a joke by itself, you can't park without spending hours looking for a place, pay for it, spend gallons of gas driving in round circles, traffic jams, etc...
My gf needs the car because of her job ( construction manager), but she hates all the costs a car has.

I say go get it ;)

If I lived in a Euro city I would most definitely buy one of those little beasts. Everything seems more tight knit in most cities I've visited: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Nijmegen, Brussels, Antwerp, Munich, etc. etc. Very practical IMO.

We do have some bike lanes in NYC, but not as many as you lads probably have.

-Joe

I say go get it ;)

Thanks for your opinion, Joseba (Now, I know who you are on Facebook) :headbang: Yeah, your arguments are very convincingly. It simply sounds rational and practical. What do you think about the Aprilia Sr 50 optically?

I don´t know the meaning of the word "decepticon". Can someone explain it to me? :headbang:

Let's see...

To misrepresent? I'm guessing he is referring to the bike being represented as awesome when it might not be OR he thinks that it's "looks are deceiving," meaning it might be faster or even more awesome than it looks lol.

-Joe

Decepticon from Transformers guys, jeez :lol: And yeah Felix, that looks sweet dude, I'd go for it! (it passes the "manly scooter" test IMO :D)

Yeah haha, this bike looks faster than it is obviously, kind of sporty look, what I´d prefer in comparison with an old grandma look or something :) There are a lot of scooter, who looks absolutely boring and simply ugly. This piece is a nice one imo. I´m still not sure, if I get one...damn!