Gear Of The Year 2010

variation of the "Album of the year".

Name your one favorite piece of gear released in 2010. (and please for fuck sake, only pick things that were actually released this year, not stuff you personally bought this year)

Hardware, software, guitars, cabs, whatever.

Mine is probably Slate Digital Trigger, getting a fair bit of use for layering up with electronic drum sounds.

Trigger for sure.
Alex B's CLC Pro, GMC and CLQ Pro bundles.

Hardware wise I'm not really sure. I think the Overstayers I have just came into existence recently, but I'm still not entirely sold on them. Cool cheap way into a fair few channels of outboard compression though.

Trigger and FG-X for me. Oh, and Lecto too. Probably Lecab 2 for easy mixing of impulses, but I haven't used it too much so far.

PT9 is actually a great shout, but I haven't got it on my own computer yet, so I can't really comment on it... I've tried it out a few times though, and Pro Tools with only an iLok needed is worthy of the title of "gear of the year".

Care to elaborate? :)

I love the plugin (at least the 1.62 build, anything after that has the shitty new visualizer which sucks compared to the old one but nobody at Slate will address other than saying that "new one is cool, bro!"), but I hate the Slate Digital/Yellow Matter company. That's all I'll say - no need turning this into one of the many other threads where we talk about how badly they suck at running a digital audio company.