Gear used on first album?

I_Am_The_Fury

Feb 1, 2008
Switzerland/Colorado
I have been listening to Between Heaven and Hell over and over again lately and I have decided the guitar tone is probably my favorite out of any albums yet. I really want to know what Gus used on this album. I heard something about Gus using Marshall JCM 2000's back then, but I must know! Anyone have a clue? :worship:

I have been listening to Between Heaven and Hell over and over again lately and I have decided the guitar tone is probably my favorite out of any albums yet. I really want to know what Gus used on this album. I heard something about Gus using Marshall JCM 2000's back then, but I must know! Anyone have a clue? :worship:

Instead of hearing rumours, maybe I can tell you how it was recorded:)
Basically because there was no budget at all, I recorded all guitars in my room on my Boss 8 track recorder. The amp I used was a Fender rockpro (I think it was called like that) combo, which is one of their high gain amps. That distortion was pretty good.

At the time I lived on the 5th floor, so you can imagine how everyone that lived below me, felt! I was playing loud nonstop for a couple of weeks, recording my guitar parts!! :headbang:

Finally, that guitar tone definitely has a unique and "different" character but its definitely not the best. if u wanna hear some really KILLER guitar tone, check out "The Premonition" :kickass:

Double G.

ahaha I can imagine how pretty much everyone else in the apartment building lived with that :p poor them... :) no I'm kidding, you're awesome.

fark me! I'm impressed, I think the tone on that album is tonka tuff! hahah that shocked me. what was going on with the strat back in the day? was it all stock or was it 'hot rodded'?

Agreed, i noticed i listen to 'between heaven and hell' the most, love the tone myself i was faffing for days with my amp and pedal(s) to play pictured life and northern sky.
most first albums are more raw, right? - prob due to the lack of budget

the Premonition tone is kick ass though from first chord.... so much so i got a snap shot of the effects board (pedals) at hellfire, Cheers =)

peace