Gear

progaholic

New Metal Member
Feb 16, 2006
What type of gear do the members of zero hour use? Mainly guitar wise. i know they are sponserd by mesa, what amp are they using thought any one know?

Hey man,

I play a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and will never play anything else. I play a Manne Custom 7 string guitar www.manne.com
New2.gif
VENTURA 7 strings

Ventura 7 custom Jasun Tipton (Zero Hour)

Troy plays a Mesa Boogie 400 Plus and a custom 5 string Bass by Manne as well.

All the best and hopes this helps you out.

METAL!!!
Jasun & Troy/ZH​

hey jasun thanks for the replay! That is a killer guitar, do you play the solo daul rec or the road king? I want to have tone like yours. Do you use any FX boards or anything or is it just the amp?

Thanks Kenneth on the compliment on how the guitar looks. Manne is building me another axe at the moment and that one is going to be even better than one I have now which is just way awesome.

I use the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head and just love it to death. I don't use any effects or pedals just the head. The Manne guitar has a Korina Body and the Korina (with an active pickup) just sounds amazing through the Dual Rectifier. It gives a very wide, punchy sound. If you're looking for a punchy, direct crunch I would use an Basswood Body guitar with an active pickup. A little tip is I can share when looking to record a huge sound......1. You need a Mesa Boogie Rectifier head which is just a must in my book. 2. One Rhythm track use a Korina body guitar with an active pickup. Due another track with a Basswood body guitar with an active pickup. Do not record with any effects because that gets added later. Laying down a kick ass dry distorted tone maximizes the push and separation sonically with all the other instrumentation. Troy and I don't use any effects live as well because with a dry tone your sound will always cut through. I love the craftmanship and woods that Manne puts together with their guitars. It just works perfectly with my mesa boogie dual rectifier. I hope this helps you kat out (progaholic and spatch). It took me many many years to find the sound I wanted and with the information I gave you worked better than my expectations.

You guys Rule and I hope this helps!

Jasun/ZH

Thanks for the info Jasun this is really helpful; its so hard to get the right tone. Looks like I git a lot of saving to do
You Rule

thats a crazy approach to tone, and it works awesome. good to hear another fellow guitarist who appreciates the importance of body materials and pickups :kickass:

Hey bro's,

I pretty much use my live tone in the studio. I bring my Boogie head in and just run it. I think with tracking the guitar three times (And all the tones are a little different) you get the stereo, big sound. Thanks for the compliment on my live Tone Hyperdesire!!!

Jasun/ZH