Gear?

ihave27frets said:
Its nice to see poeple using good guitars!:wave:

GO AWAY PETE!!! WE CAN'T ALL FIND OR AFFORD CAPARISONS!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

J/k.. I like my LTD Deluxe, now if only I could make up my mind ampwise :p.

sorceron said:
Personally, I use:
LTD MH-400 w/ EMG 81's
Peavey 5150 II
Rivera 4x12 w/V30's
Ibanez Vintage TS808 Tube Screamer
Boss NS2 Noise Gate
Boss TU2 Tuner.

and those tiny black dunlop picks. the tortex ones.

if i ever have to do cleans live i plan on using my pod pro.

for keyboard stuff i use logic...

Do you guys use 5150s because you like the tone more than 6505s, or because they're cheaper? I was thinking of throwing down the extra $200 or so and getting a 6505, just for the fact of gettin a new head with new tubes that I know isn't fucked up, but I havn't gotten a chance to play one yet.

KillerRobot said:
Do you guys use 5150s because you like the tone more than 6505s, or because they're cheaper? I was thinking of throwing down the extra $200 or so and getting a 6505, just for the fact of gettin a new head with new tubes that I know isn't fucked up, but I havn't gotten a chance to play one yet.
I use Engl, but I have a 5150 backup. I love it. They always make some sort of tweak to the head in each new addition, and I think mine sounds better than the 6505.

Brad Riffs said:
I use Engl, but I have a 5150 backup. I love it. They always make some sort of tweak to the head in each new addition, and I think mine sounds better than the 6505.

Yer, I was going to get a madison, but the shop here doesn't carry them. If I get it from the shop here I get free service on guitars and amps I buy by certified technicians. Of course now it is a matter of choosing between the 6505, 6505+, or the Genz Benz El Diablo 100.

KillerRobot said:

i play the 5150 because it looks cooler then a 6505 thats the only reason. they sound the exact same. if anything a 5150 is far more sought after then a 6505 just because they arent in production, that dont mean they are messed up or anything. in fact anyone on the sneap forum would tell you they sound exactly the same and are made to the exact specs of the 5150. theres no difference at all.

espm1000 said:
Yer, I was going to get a madison, but the shop here doesn't carry them. If I get it from the shop here I get free service on guitars and amps I buy by certified technicians. Of course now it is a matter of choosing between the 6505, 6505+, or the Genz Benz El Diablo 100.
Get a 6505+, the El Diablo probably isn't what you're looking for.

Brad Riffs said:
Get a 6505+, the El Diablo probably isn't what you're looking for.

Yea, my friend keeps going ON AND ON about how good it is, he said it just enough to make me question my judgement.

I get new amp in a month, yaaaay.

espm1000 said:
Yea, my friend keeps going ON AND ON about how good it is, he said it just enough to make me question my judgement.

I get new amp in a month, yaaaay.
Get a Framus Cobra!

I'm thinking I might get a Tube Screamer (probally the cheaper TS9 instead of the TS808 because everyone says its the same, just a different case) to go with my 6505. None of my friends have one so I havn't played one yet, so I'm thinking of buying one and returning it if I don't like it. Does anyone know if it's really worth it to throw down the extra $100-$150 and buy a modded one from here http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=31? They're saying the bass cuts out on the unmodded ones and I don't know. I just figured I'd ask around before I decided one what to get. Or should I just look for a completely different pedal?

Don't Caparisons come out of the factory tuned to B?

I also use 5150s; fucking great amps for metal. Very durable and they cut through perfectly in those live situations when the amps aren't mic'd. The only thing I don't like about 'em is the EQ voicing, but this is easily solved with the extra EQ I get from the Boss GT-6. My main axe is 2001 Ibanez S series, but I'll probably be getting a Gibson SG soon.

So far the best combination i've heard was a Marshall TSL2000 head, with a Marshall jcm800 cabinet, i believe with the original g12t75 speakers. Unbelievable growl with a 7-string. Recently recorded a Laney VH100R through a mesa cabinet with V30's. Not so rough but very good for standard tuning and rock. We also put a powerball to the same cabinet, didn't really convinvce me... The best i've heard out of Peavey was the Valveking head on the Valveking cabinet. The Triple X and 6505's didn't really sound too good. Then i tried the Valveking head on the Triple X cabinet, terrible, just awful, the low end vanished completely. Krank was very good, didn't get to try any combinations with different heads and cabs. The cabinets is really massive...

Personally, I use:
LTD MH-400 w/ EMG 81's
Peavey 5150 II
Rivera 4x12 w/V30's
Ibanez Vintage TS808 Tube Screamer
Boss NS2 Noise Gate
Boss TU2 Tuner.

and those tiny black dunlop picks. the tortex ones.

if i ever have to do cleans live i plan on using my pod pro.

for keyboard stuff i use logic...

What do you guys tune in?....and what are your settings on the tubescreamer