Gear?

at my house i have a recording setup. the core of it being my g5. well today my external harddrive broke, it wont power on. all the new material and old was all on it. bleh. now we have to start over again. this will be the 3rd time. i seriously fucking hate computers right now.

Hey Ken, have you tried getting a new power supply? The power supply on one of my (cheap) external HDD drive cradles has died as well and I just switch it out with the one of my other hdd drive. Did it made a start-up sound right before it died on you like 'bzz bzz' if so, this could be it. :erk:

Just thought I'd show off my amp

R.jpg

R1.jpg

In case you are wondering I play for Lycanthia, we also have a forum here on UM so feel free to drop by and say hello.

s

yeah the 6505+ are great, intense amounts of gain.

and that new song the worls beyond sounds really good. how many guitar tracks are on just that song?

I know the Engl, 5150, and 6505 amps are killer top notch amps for metal.

but i am lacking a lot of knowledge on what's good and what's crap

what is your take on Randall amps? like the original RG100 Classic. (Pantera)
Its solid state.. which is not very good for starters i am assuming

can a tube screamer or tube overdrive pedal add anything? or is it not worth my time?

i am lacking a lot of knowledge on what's good and what's crap

If it sounds good to you is all that matters, everyone will have a different opinion.

Its solid state.. which is not very good for starters i am assuming

Most people starting out will have a small practice amp and they are almost always solid state.

can a tube screamer or tube overdrive pedal add anything? or is it not worth my time?

Listen to one and judge for yourself, like I said above everyone will have a different opinion.

They wouldn't still be selling them decades later if nobody liked them, right?

s

If it sounds good to you is all that matters, everyone will have a different opinion.s

yea i guess so. i will have to hear it.

right now i have a solid state marshall MG series head with a shitty mc shit behringer 4x12 cab.

i want something decent!
and i dont think they make that amp anymore, so yea. i am not sure

thanks for the input though

You really just gotta go and try some new shit. I've got a 5150 going into a marshall 1960bv 4x12, and it sounds pretty good. It sounds beyond unbelievable for 500 bucks too lol! But it really doesn't have too versatile of an eq range. I've been wanting to buy a 1978 Marshall JMP 50 watt. Those things sound amazing! They've got a very nice thick vintage tone to them, but easily made for metal. I've been really wanting to try out different vintage-sounding amps for black metal. Actually, I've been really on a tone-chasing spree for black metal. And Abigail Williams greatly contributed to that :kickass:

What made you choose the 6505+ (5150II) over the 6505 (5150).. is it just the extra EQ etc etc.. or the actual sound of the amp?

for me the difference between the 5150 and 5150 II is there but i honestly don't prefer one over the other. I think they both sound great although slightly different.