Gear?

espm1000 said:
What gear does the band use, especially amp wise.

Personally, I use:
LTD MH-400 w/ EMG 81's
Peavey 5150 II
Rivera 4x12 w/V30's
Ibanez Vintage TS808 Tube Screamer
Boss NS2 Noise Gate
Boss TU2 Tuner.

and those tiny black dunlop picks. the tortex ones.

if i ever have to do cleans live i plan on using my pod pro.

for keyboard stuff i use logic...

I wish I weren't too poor for a powerball, I heard that their internals are rather fragile when it comes to ENGLs. I ahve been trying to decide between the 6505, 6505+ (even though they are the same as 5150 I and II), Madison Divinity, and the ENGL Fireball for the Melodic to black metal ranges of music. I've got an LTD Deluxe M1000 FM with 81s on the way as we speak from working all summer. Brad, you lucky devil with the powerball.

All great amps that you are looking into. I'd say the Madison and Engl are more versatile, but the new 6505's have good tone also. Let me know if you decide on that Madison, one of my good friends reps for that company.

I've never had a single problem with my Engl in the years I've had it. I find it to be a lot more durable that many amps out there, including my 5150, which took a shit and had to be fixed the night before a show.

What about PA systems? I'm interested to see what you guys would recommend using for a band just starting out.

It may be an easier selection if I had the opportunity to try any of these amps out. I am leaning towards the Madison since it also has a clean channel and I practice my lead with a lot of clean so I can hear everything. The Fireball is only 60 watts and like all guitarists I want it to be a monster, haha. Since my funds are limited I need to do some serious comparing and contrasting between the 6505+ and Divinity. I guess I am a bit weary since I don't know of many people who use the divinity and that it is rather new.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks! I HAVE decided on the Madison. I will be the only person in my city that I know of who owns one. Also it will be accompanied by an Avatar 4x12 with V30s.

espm1000 said:
It may be an easier selection if I had the opportunity to try any of these amps out. I am leaning towards the Madison since it also has a clean channel and I practice my lead with a lot of clean so I can hear everything. The Fireball is only 60 watts and like all guitarists I want it to be a monster, haha. Since my funds are limited I need to do some serious comparing and contrasting between the 6505+ and Divinity. I guess I am a bit weary since I don't know of many people who use the divinity and that it is rather new.

Thanks for the help!

i wouldnt get the madison, they wouldnt give me a free one.

ha jk

nope. they are nice people though at least.

ive honestly never heard a madison sound great. but i havent heard many people play them. ill just stick with a 5150. unless i can get a framus..

sorceron said:
nope. they are nice people though at least.

ive honestly never heard a madison sound great. but i havent heard many people play them. ill just stick with a 5150. unless i can get a framus..

Ouch, now I'm afraid to get one, haha. I know that Enforsaken uses them though.

right now i play a yamaha S90 and an alesis qs8.1.... although i must say i prefer my 9'ft grand masin&hamlin at home heh
also use sibelius for composing

espm1000 said:
Thanks! I HAVE decided on the Madison. I will be the only person in my city that I know of who owns one. Also it will be accompanied by an Avatar 4x12 with V30s.

what city do you live in? cuz I actually rep for them...(as if my avatar didn't give it away, haha...) so yeah, I can get you any of the specs you want, prices, etc... just lemme know if you need anything...I'm in phx, AZ, btw...

Later,
Jake

espm1000 said:
I guess I am a bit weary since I don't know of many people who use the divinity and that it is rather new.

Thanks for the help!

as far as national acts go, Madison ensorses...
Behemoth, The Mandrake, Aghora, Stryper, Darkest Hour, Aborted, Cephalic Carnage, 3 inches of blood, The Bloodhound Gang, Danzig, The Autumn Offering, Motograter, Enforsaken...those are the bigger names out there...

as far as I know none of these bands have a record out USING the Madison yet being theyre still new... I know Enforsaked used them on the album thats coming soon, and The Autumn Offering are recording right now w/ Jason Suecof and using 'em...

Babykabob said:
as far as national acts go, Madison ensorses...
Behemoth, The Mandrake, Aghora, Stryper, Darkest Hour, Aborted, Cephalic Carnage, 3 inches of blood, The Bloodhound Gang, Danzig, The Autumn Offering, Motograter, Enforsaken...those are the bigger names out there...

as far as I know none of these bands have a record out USING the Madison yet being theyre still new... I know Enforsaked used them on the album thats coming soon, and The Autumn Offering are recording right now w/ Jason Suecof and using 'em...

yea id have to hear one recorded. i havent heard any convincing live tones yet personally.