George Carlin appreciation

Brett

------
Aug 31, 2003
His 2005 comedy special was hit or miss but understandable. 1 out of 80 billion ain't bad.

I found a bootleg of a show he did a couple months back. Most of the material plus more will appear on his new HBO special "It's bad for ya" March 1st.

Old-fuck's still got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
George Carlin is the man, and the only hope we have to comedy as we know it.

yeah, and the only bands that were ever good have died or retired, too.

I've seen Carlin 3 times and hope to see him a bunch more. Watching/listening to bootlegs before the special just kills it. Do the bootleg thing AFTER, so you can watch the jokes develop.

He just gets better and better with age. I like him when he's a really really old really really cynical bastard. I wanna go see him, I've never been to a comedy show.

yeah, and the only bands that were ever good have died or retired, too.

I've seen Carlin 3 times and hope to see him a bunch more. Watching/listening to bootlegs before the special just kills it. Do the bootleg thing AFTER, so you can watch the jokes develop.

nah. for me, it's like hearing rough demos of a new record from a band you're jonesing to hear.

The special is gonna be awesome. Even in a completely rough form, it'd be a good show.

well, when would you want to start counting? He did sooome stuff before standup... and do you just wanna count regular standup or recorded specials?

I'm counting from his recorded specials, like AMFM, Class Clown, etc. counting from before that, it was the early 60's wasn't it?

And for the record, Sam Kinison is from Yakima, WA..... something about this state makes people go fucking psycho!