german metal

destiny

New Metal Member
Apr 6, 2003
zagreb,croatia
Visit site
dear people, i've been writing something about metal (history and stuff),but it ended that i had to write something about german metal.so i could write about the bands and stuff,but it doesntseem to be so interesting.so if anyone knows something about gmetal, some nice links or something,please send it to me. thanx

this is possibly the greatest german metal band, no possibly the greatest metal band, ever( except for their songs in english, those lyrics are just corny),...but Warum is probably one of the greatest songs ever. plus theyre also probably one of the funniest bands ever

Go to the metal website: prophecyproductions.com
Lots of German bands here. Empyrium's album Weiland is great folk music with an extremely talented vocalist. The music is all acoustic on this album, but there are a few songs where black metal screaming is found with the acoustic guitar...very cool!!! Also check out Autumblaze and Orplid on the same website; they are not metal though.

i was wondering the other day if germany is renowned for a special type of metal. like, scandinavian death metal is a distinguished musical style, france is renowned for certain (underground?) black metal acts afaik. does germany stand for any specific type of metal? from the bands i know i'ld say it's mostly thrash and power metal. more recently, some folk metal bands are pretty popular in germany, but i don't know if they are known internationally.

german metal bands i know:

thrash: kreator, destruction, accept, u.d.o, holy moses, tankard
power metal: helloween, blind guardian, van canto, rage, gamma ray, symphorce
folk/medieval metal: in extremo, subway to sally, schandmaul
other: dark suns, scorpions, rammstein, coppelius

I do not believe Sodom was mentioned here. One of my all time fav. bands. And, for me, the best old school german metal band.

Bet you guys know this but Chris Witchhunter who has played drums on all the uber-kvlt Sodom records passed away a few days ago. RIP Chris. :kickass: