getting new strings for tracking?

Wash your hands before tracking & clean the strings between songs.

IMHO, one set of strings can last an album unless you take a loooong time to track.

If you are right, then I'll stay to my D'Addario beloved strings !

thank you

No, but i have tried Elixirs, and it sounds like you have coated the strings with foam or something.. no sustain and no treble at all: They sound like old shitty strings from factory, and they stay that way until you change them for good strings.
Also. Elixir used to buy their strings from D'addario and coat them.. now they buy their strings from b-stocks around the world and coat them, so you might get a set made by 2 completely different companies with different winding methods etc.. and those strings had compromised quality BEFORE being dipped in that horrible plastic stuff.

IF you are going to use coated strings, try Cleartone.. its the only coated strings that feels good and doesnt sound like complete shit, still wouldnt use them when tracking though.

Got some nice facts there, dude. However, have you tried Elixir Nanowebs? They claim they are 'coated strings with the tone of uncoated strings' or something like that :ill: Might give it a try sometime.