Getting rid of Devildriver for the upcoming tour...

who here doesn't want Devildriver on the Opeth tour?

• Get those fuckers out!

Votes: 93 73.2%
  • Let them stay

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I dont give a shit

Votes: 28 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I doubt there is anything Opeth can do about it but I will vote to giving them the fuckin axe! I'd rather have 45min of silence in place of Kata. Or Mike just talking about his childhood or something equally..."not totally fuckin shitty!"

DreamingofUr said:
I doubt there is anything Opeth can do about it but I will vote to giving them the fuckin axe! I'd rather have 45min of silence in place of Kata. Or Mike just talking about his childhood or something equally..."not totally fuckin shitty!"
I'd like him to talk about his childhood too lol.

I don't really care, but I'd rather see a better band on that bill, like Anathema or MDB or something, they're both Music for Nations artists (last time I checked anyway).

The only problem I see with Devildriver is that they may attract many nu-metal kids and sell out the show quicker. Opeth can sell out the shows at these small venues regardless of who is opening up for them; Devildriver = less fans of opeth watching the show.
I guess you could say it is a good thing for these kids to see real metal bands live, though.

KielbasaSausage said:
The only problem I see with Devildriver is that they may attract many nu-metal kids and sell out the show quicker. Opeth can sell out the shows at these small venues regardless of who is opening up for them; Devildriver = less fans of opeth watching the show.
I guess you could say it is a good thing for these kids to see real metal bands live, though.

Yeah, cause they totally ruin it for everyone who actually wants to hear Opeth. They're the same dumbasses that scream YAHHHH DEATH METAL during the acoustic breaks or boo during them or try to start mosh pits at the stupidest times. Goddam nu-metal kids, most of them can't appreciate Opeth and will stick around just to boo them for not ROCKING HARD THROUGH EVERY SONG like DEVILDRIVER.

wankerness said:
Yeah, cause they totally ruin it for everyone who actually wants to hear Opeth. They're the same dumbasses that scream YAHHHH DEATH METAL during the acoustic breaks or boo during them or try to start mosh pits at the stupidest times. Goddam nu-metal kids, most of them can't appreciate Opeth and will stick around just to boo them for not ROCKING HARD THROUGH EVERY SONG like DEVILDRIVER.
yeah, im sure thats how the typical Devildriver fan would act. stop being so fucking stereotypical.

actually i think all the "true" metalheads are the real idiots during opeth shows. when i went to see the damnation tour, mike announced that they were playing a mellow set, and some dick in front of me screamed out "what the fuck? this is bullshit!" and stormed out of the venue dragging along his whore girlfriend.

KielbasaSausage said:
actually i think all the "true" metalheads are the real idiots during opeth shows. when i went to see the damnation tour, mike announced that they were playing a mellow set, and some dick in front of me screamed out "what the fuck? this is bullshit!" and stormed out of the venue dragging along his whore girlfriend.

Then that guy wasn't a fan at all.

Give em the boot!!! I'm not going to let them stop me from seeing Opeth...I'll just turn my back during their set. They have no business being on tour with Opeth and Moonspell. There are many really great, unknown bands who deserve that spot so much more than DevilDumper.

While I'm not exactly pleased with Devildriver being on the tour and audience polarization is never a good thing, I agree with the points being made that everyone has their asshole fans, including Opeth...I also heard people yelling for the heavy songs during the Damnation show, which I thought was disrespectful given that it was billed as a mellow show. I doubt I'll hear any significant heckling of Opeth from their fans, just a few closed minded people heading for the exits before they come on.