Getting the Sunlight Studios tone

Any ideas how Magrudergrind get this Sunlight guitar sound with no bass player live or on recordings?? Quadtracked?? Pitched shifted guitar track panned centre??
Live RJ splits his signal into a HM-2 into a Marshall head and a Boss ODB-3 into old Mesa Bass head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

As a huge fan of Entombeds guitar sound I´ve been struggling to nail it with Amplitube Metal. Anyone who has a good preset to share?
Thanks!

/D-beater

boss hm-2 (preferably MIJ) is the only way. the only thing i have heard that is even in the same ballpark is the cheap behringer hm-2 knockoff pedal (i think it is pink too lol)

boss hm-2 (preferably MIJ) is the only way. the only thing i have heard that is even in the same ballpark is the cheap behringer hm-2 knockoff pedal (i think it is pink too lol)

Any ideas of what amp, cab and settings in Amplitube Metal to use with a real HM-2 pedal? I can´t mic a amp where I live, would have if I could.

That's just an HM-2 into LecTo into kefir with the ASEM impulse and a hp/lp filter. First riff is all knob maxed, second riff is with the gain back off to about 5 o clock. I would imagine you could figure out something workable with any of the Amplitube amps as long as you keep the gain down.

Last edited by a moderator: