Getting to Know You

Bio: 26 years old.

In no particular order:

Metallica - Master of Puppets
The best Metallica album there ever was.

Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
I never get bored of this album.

Nirvana - Bleach
The heavy and raw side of Nirvana that most people never heard.

Soundgarden - A Sides
A "Best Of" CD.

Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar
Yeah yeah, I know. Anyhow, it's a solid album with no compromises.

Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
Probably the heaviest Sabbath album with Ozzy in it.

Oasis - What's the Story (Morning Glory)?
"Don't look back in Anger", "Wonderwall", "Morning Glory", "Hello", "Some might say", and a few others are great songs on that album. I can always give this album a spin from some great nostalgic trip.

Kent - Hagnesta Hill
Another great album that I could never get tired of. In fact, after listening to the entire album, I put the CD player back to track 1 and listen to this album again.

Violent Femmes - Add it up
These musicians are musically diverse and very talented. This is their "Best Of" CD.

In Flames - Clayman
Most people consider The Jester Race as their best album, however this album does it for me.

Arch said:
Kent - Hagnesta Hill
Another great album that I could never get tired of. In fact, after listening to the entire album, I put the CD player back to track 1 and listen to this album again.

Hm, that's kind of cool. Are they (well) known outside of sweden?

Okay... I guess after reading this thread 10 times, it's time to actually participate in it.

Bio: Hay guyz, I'm Max (living in Connecticut). I'm 16 years old and play in Noltem and Wind Through the Trees. Folk/Doom/Black Metal is my thing.

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire: This album opened my fucking eyes, plain and simple. I heard this first when I was about 11 or 12, and at that point music to me was the polished pop bullshit that they played on the radio. I still am moved by this classic jazz/fusion piece. This is literally one of the heaviest albums in existence.

Opeth - Blackwater Park : My drummer Chris burned me this album, and at this time I hadn't ever heard any extreme metal. I was totally floored when I heard it... I didn't know what to think! This album was my gateway to extreme metal, harsh vocals, and it showed me that beautiful acoustic music could be meshed perfectly with metal! Also I could argue that this led to me being a better guitarist.

In Flames - The Jester Race : This is probably my favorite album even if I don't listen to it anymore. I don't feel the need to explain it, this is just a perfect recording. Again, I thank this album for bettering me as a musician. I was 13 I think when I first heard this, and I took it to my guitar teacher and basically my understanding of melodies and harmonies blossomed out of this.

Vintersorg - Till Fjalls : This is the most important album in the world to me. In a nutshell, it basically started the "folk revival" in me. Till Fjalls is completely responsible for me researching my blood and family and for getting in touch with old Germanic folkore. Folk metal was so exciting to me, I never would have imagined that such a thing could exist. This is still today one of my absolute favorite albums... it changed me.

Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk : I don't want to say a lot about this album- but basically it got me into Black Metal... that is all. This was beauty in fury.

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss : Not much needs to be said about this. This is still the most gloriously ambient piece I know. I will love it forever.

spaffe said:
Hm, that's kind of cool. Are they (well) known outside of sweden?
It's sad to say that they're not. Their record label don't really support the idea of Kent making it big outside of Scandinavia.

Hmm, interesting topic ! :)

I'm not sure i'll be able to find out 10 albums, but let's try...

THE BEATLES - Best of (1962-1966 & 1967-1972) : 2 records in my father's collection I used to hear since... well since I was 4, maybe :cool: . Actually, I listened to everything I found in the house, even French shitty pop and other crap, but I listened to theses guys so often that I can say I owe them my love of Music.
62_66_small.jpg
19671970_small.jpg

Jean-Michel Jarre - The Essential (1976-1986) : (He plays some kind of instrumental electronic Music) Well, I was young (about 10 maybe), I made some experiences... hm.. :dopey: ... I Gave it up quickly, thank me !
the_essential_1976_1986_fr.jpg

SCORPIONS - Crazy World & NIRVANA - Nevermind : My first foot in Metal related music... I was about 12-13. I Listened veeery often to these ones, (then some others like AC/DC live & GUNS N' ROSES - Use Your Illusion II), but still listening to radio crap in the same time
B000001FYZ.03.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
nevermind.jpg

IRON MAIDEN - A Real Live One : 1993 : Whoa ! By Far the most important step in my musical evolution : I saw the Fear Of The Dark clip and bought this (tape) album, and felt in love with this band. It totally changed my life, and since then, I didn't live without music (and metal especially) and didn't stop searching for new bands to listen to. The most significant evolution in my musical life.
A_Real_Live_One.jpg

CRADLE OF FILTH - Dusk... And her Embrace : 1998 : Gave me incredible feelings, and made me get into extreme music & black metal...
2_394_4659.jpg

OPETH - Still Life : 2001 : Made me deeply love this band I found boring (how stupid I was)...
851b.jpg