Last album you absorbed?

Yeah it's not that hard to get into, it has a very distinctive atmosphere and such, but Jazz, as a whole took me a bit longer, and now I can perceive its full magic.. to be honest my first tries were kind of b..oring.

I listen to it in certain specific times and moods like you said, for me I usually play it in the shower or while cooking... gotta have chilled out music while cooking.

Do you have the recent reissue which fixes a supposed pitch problem that existed on all but the very first pressings or something? I don't have the booklet on me at the moment, but I remember readng something like that.

Bonnie Prince Billy - The Letting Go

I listened to it at least once a day for about a month and a half. Lovely.

Do you have the recent reissue which fixes a supposed pitch problem that existed on all but the very first pressings or something?

No idea but I have the Columbia edition with the alternate take of Flamenco Sketches, the one that's sold more or less everywhere. I've heard about that though..

Terrapin Station by the Grateful Dead.

I used to listen to this album when i was like 12 years old because my dad has his original vinyl copy. I always liked it, but I was never old enough to fully understand what was going on. Now after listening to the live versions of these tunes for years, I have come back to the studio versions and I must say WOW. it was almost as if the dead decided to try out prog rock for one album. everyone talks about how you can't capture the live sound on tape, but i think its the other way around. the dead have recorded some of the best studio tracks that this world will ever see.

Currently giving Criteria ov 666 a thorough listen. It's almost as good as Human Antithesis in terms of atmosphere, though it lacks that emotional spark which made that a doom masterpiece. Though I must say that Malfeitor Fabban is pretty great vocalist in his own right. Some compositions are heavily ambient, drenched in nerve rattling despair, setting a tone akin to taking a sledgehammer to erected rebar. The title track, among others, provide enough down tempo despondency to keep the avid doomster satisfied. Two thumbs up!

Indukti - Idmen A monster on so many levels. The majority of this album is comprised of instrumental tracks which at times make me reminiscent of acts such as Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, and Riverside. Subtle touches mind you, the only track which sounds like a direct carbon copy of the aforementioned is Nemesis Voices, which sounds like is was lifted straight from the cutting room floor of Ænima. The trumpet on The Ninth Wave puts me in a soporific lull. Simply divine! Zod, buy or die, the rest of you carry on with your apathy. This is the first album in I can't say when that has strummed my heart strings like Sarah Palin in a poka-dotted bikini.

I've taken a speculum to Blood Revolt's Indoctrine since it's release. It took a couple listens for A.A's pipes to mesh with the Axis of Advanced kids drum and guitar work, but by the umpteenth listen a chaotic coalescing of throat grabbing proportions was obtained. Straight forward like a brick through Aurel's car window, this album offers no apologies for the crushing aftermath. I said it once, and I'll say it again, if A.A decided to pursue this full time, I'd offer to protest.

Brubeck's "Take Five" came on my random rotation at work today, great great track from a stellar album!

As for last album absorbed:
spirogyra-bells.jpg

In the Western World is 10/10. The rest is probably a solid 8.5/10 affair, overall I'd take St Radigunds or the Burn the Bridges demos over this.

This.

As for the topic at hand... I feel like I truly absorb nothing. I'm adrift in a sea of endless new releases, that seem to come and go without ever making a significant impact.

The key is to listen to an album you thoroughly enjoy endlessly for week long stretched on your commute to and from work. Those albums which makes this grade usually stick with me years after.

The key is to listen to an album you thoroughly enjoy endlessly for week long stretched on your commute to and from work. Those albums which makes this grade usually stick with me years after.

I generally have anywhere from 2 to 6 cds in the car changer and they stay there for a while. Random titles will float in and out as I get cravings for certain songs/albums but, for the most part, I will stick to the same core cds for up to a few weeks at a time.

This.

As for the topic at hand... I feel like I truly absorb nothing. I'm adrift in a sea of endless new releases, that seem to come and go without ever making a significant impact.

This is how I felt when I used to follow all the new metal releases. It was quantity over quality and for me it had to stop somewhere. Backing off from the new shit and really getting into older, less commercialized and more heartfelt music was the best decision I've made regarding music in a long time.

I actually don't have the opportunity to do this. I have a 30 minute commute, twice a week. The other three days I work from home. And it's difficult for me to work and actually listen to music.

This is how I felt when I used to follow all the new metal releases. It was quantity over quality and for me it had to stop somewhere. Backing off from the new shit and really getting into older, less commercialized and more heartfelt music was the best decision I've made regarding music in a long time.
I know this is what I need to do. However, I feel like an addict, powerless to stop.

You don't need to stop, you just need to find a more healthy balance. I stopped completely about a couple of months ago and have been listening to mostly older stuff, introducing new things ever so often.. much more pleasurable than the constant search for new things.