Last album you bought thread

Fizex

New Metal Member
Jul 12, 2012
So while on my ever-going quest to find good new music I thought of this.

The title says all of it. All you have to do is say the album name and band name of the last album you bought and give it a little review so others have an idea on what it is.

Have fun!

The last album I bought was Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica (2008 Remastered) Genre:power Metal

Being a massive fan of S.A. for years, I had to buy this one when I got the money. Unfortunately I had to have it ordered in because my little Australian city only has death metal :( But this was definitely worth the wait. I made sure for years I didn't listen to the whole albums before I bought them so some of these songs I never heard blew me away. I would definitely recommend this album to fans of power metal and Sonata Arctica if you don't already have it. 9/10

Last one for me was Unsung heroes! But before that was the almighty Agalloch's 'Faustian Echoes' http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=61401&page=&message_id=
It's available to listen or download for $6 (come on, it's worth it!) http://agalloch.bandcamp.com/track/faustian-echoes
I found it personally to be one of their best pieces yet, mixing up various elements to their previous work. Can split this track up in to quite a few sections that 'stand out' and has clippings from Svankmajer's adaptation of Faust throughout. Recommend it to anyone :)

hi, without considering the Unsung Heroes preorder, the last album i bought was Alice in Chains - Black gives way to Blue. last week i just wanted a new cd, in my town they sell few metal albums and i already have them, so i bought it to complete my alice in chains discography collection. it was realesed in 2009 i didn't bought it before because they change line up and i don't like the new singer. the album is good, looks like a 90s album, it sounds alternative metal and there are also acustic parts, the songs i like are 'check my brain' and 'when the sun rose again'. bye!

The last album i bought was a non-metal album, from a folk-band called Drakskip from Japan, they play a scandinacian type of folk, really good! saw them live here in sweden yesterday, and they blew me away

drak003_72.jpg

Last metal album i bought was probably Vektors Outer Isolation. They play a kind of progressive technical thrash metal. The vocals are pretty unique, there are some very cool shrieks.

l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The last album I bought was Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica (2008 Remastered) Genre:power Metal

Being a massive fan of S.A. for years, I had to buy this one when I got the money. Unfortunately I had to have it ordered in because my little Australian city only has death metal :( But this was definitely worth the wait. I made sure for years I didn't listen to the whole albums before I bought them so some of these songs I never heard blew me away. I would definitely recommend this album to fans of power metal and Sonata Arctica if you don't already have it. 9/10

The last album I bought was Sonata's latest "Stones Grow Her Name"; personally I like it but I'm finding my taste a little all over the place lately so to have an album with a little something different is ideal. I've got it mixed into a similar genre playlist and it gets listened to on shuffle. Give it a go but it you like concept albums I think your head may implode.

The last album I bought was Destroy Destroy Destroy's Battle Sluts. Despite the ridiculous name and album title, I was rather surprised by this release. It has very powerful/heavy songs with a nice blend of orchestrations and killer lyrics, there are also some nice solos here and there. I recommend this record for anyone who enjoys good melodic death metal/viking metal.

bs.jpg

Radiohead: Ok computer :D I also bought Abhorrence: Completely Vulgar with it, the sales clerk gave me strange looks when i took the two to him :p

Pre order "Unsong Heroes" deluxe edition with the flag today. Really excited about it! Last album I bought was "Carolus Rex" with Sabaton. Great album.

Allegeon: Formshifter

Technical melodic deathmetal from Colorado USA. Great stuff with some amazing riffs on 8 string guitars. Good to hear 8 string work that is not all trying to copy Meshuggah these days.

Next to pre-order Unsung Heroes myself!

Well I bought an old album yesterday, Rush - Caress Of Steel, on CD for the first time.
Had it on vinyl for years, but my ex-wife has it on the other side of the world.

I'm really looking forward to new releases from Katatonia, Ensiferum and of course after many years of waiting, Wintersun.

16978.jpg

Wintersun (Jari Mäenpää) - Wintersun

i think i don't have to say a lot about it:
it's a great album^^

The last albums I bought was:

Gaslight Anthem - American Slang - Really great album, sounds like "Bruce Springsteen Punk Rock"
the%2Bgaslight%2Banthem%2Bamerican%2Bslang.jpg

Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten - Same band, not as good as the one before but still enjoyable
Gaslight_Anthem_Handwritten.jpg

Swallow the Sun - Emerald Forest & the Blackbird - Melodic Death/Doom Metal band, just started to like these guys (Kai Hahto on the drums), This was also the first Metal album i have bought in 3-4 months
276525.jpg

With the exception of the Time I pre-order, the last album I bought was Clockwork Angels by one of the greatest progressive rock bands of all time - Rush. This album has quickly become one of my favorites by the Canadian rockers, it is a concept album with a beautiful sound to it. For me, it is a bit of a difficult record to describe. There are heavy songs, softer songs, catchy songs and of course, progressive songs throughout. Highlights of the album: BU2B, Halo Effect, The Wreckers, and The Garden.
Rush-ClockworkAngels2012.jpg

902-1004-large.jpg

Weh – En Natt Kom Doed

Recently got the latest release from Weh as this seemed to have slipped past me. For those who are maybe familiar with Windir would know he done an acoustic cover of Likbør, but otherwise for those who are into neo/folk and are interested in listening to some acoustic, rather dark atmospheric yet beautiful music he's worth checking out.

[ame]http://www.amazon.de/En-Natt-Kom-Doed/dp/B007KAPILO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1346614575&sr=8-5[/ame]
Some review I found - http://www.avenoctum.com/2012/02/weh-en-natt-kom-doed-soulseller/

Last album I bought (except Unsung Heroes) was Dimmu Borgir's Abrahadabra and Sabaton's Carolus Rex.
19728.jpg
Carolus-Rex-artwork-400x400.jpg

Got into Dimmu lately and bought that one as well, it's a good album, my favourites are SBA and DCA though. And I think Sabaton's new album is their best so far, cool lyrics as well.

Ordered a ticket to a Sabaton concert yesterday, and decided to get Carolus Rex along with it, as indeed, it is an incredibly awesome album perhaps indeed their best so far. And Unsung Heroes before that.