Ghost: I must be in the extreme minority...

Love 'em. BOC is ground zero point of reference, with Witchfinder General, King and his Fates, and 70's psych/garage sprinkled in for zest. Can't wait for the Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost show in Oct. in Chicago!

This band does nothing for me. I find their music boring and average at best. And from the live performance clips I've seen, their live show isn't any better.

I have to agree. I have absolutely no interest in this band. Most likely in part
because of the silly satanic gimmickery. Unfortunatly there seems to be enough buzz about them they might get booked. Oh well, I'll have to have time to eat, shop and socialize somewhere!

I will say that their live performance seems a lot more entertaining and enjoyable than their recorded material, based on the live clips posted in this thread. I'm gonna check them out when they get to Edmonton with Enslaved. I'd still rather listen to Hell, Satan's Host, Portrait and In Solitude to get my inner hellfire burning, though

Here's the odd part for me....

I don't know shit about the hipster thing nor do I care about the Satanic gouda. I originally posted that I just couldn't get past the garage/retro sound at times. Now..allow me to raise my hypocritical hand on that issue as I really enjoyed Graveyard's latest disc.

Go figure.

I don't know shit about the hipster thing nor do I care about the Satanic gouda. I originally posted that I just couldn't get past the garage/retro sound at times. Now..allow me to raise my hypocritical hand on that issue as I really enjoyed Graveyard's latest disc.

Go figure.

Graveyard certainly is raw.
Saw them live a few years ago with Witchcraft.

Go figure.

Maybe you just find Graveyard catchier than Ghost? idk, for me Ghost is pretty infectious haha.

Never heard of them till this thread, listened to them, and well, they just don't do it for me, i couldn't listen to a whole album of that, one or two songs.......Maybe.

Don't say crap like that. If gimmicks didn't work, no band would ever use them; most successful bands have made use of them at some point or another.

it's called SARCASM. my band was somewhat successful because of gimmicks.

sometimes talent just gets you to the top as well. in my instance we were really no different than bands around at the time, i just used a gimmick to get us noticed and it worked a little bit.

Go figure.

i will point out that the GHOST drums have been sound replaced and edited. so it's not totally "garage" just the appearance of it. :)

eh.... it is ok. I SHOULD like it because I like 70's rock and I love metal, but it doesn't do much for me. The thing about 70's rock though (not the top 40 stuff mind you) was that much of it was experimental. Ghost is not adding to anything, but rather taking away from some of the 70's rock/metal in my ears.

Bryant

Quick question: Does anyone know if they really are Satanists?? I'm leaning toward no, because most people who claim to be Satanists explain that their religion has more to do with Paganism.. and all of their songs are goofy as all shit, but I thought I'd ask.