Ghost Of Perdition rocks live!!!

4Li3N

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2005
Not only is it the best song from the new album, nor (IMO) The most rich, generous and well-written piece of music from Opeth - or one of The if you wish - it also sounds great live and is an awesome opening to an Opeth show. I've seen them perform live this month in Paris and it was as a dream come true. A great performance and a song that is meant to become a live usual. It may not be an easy one to play, as Mike said at the end, but it's a wonder to hear! Thanks guys, and waiting to see you live again anytime you pass by :Spin: :hotjump:

AHAHAHA..........:tickled: ............I'm sorry couldn't stop laughing at your avatar....erm oh yea GOP is great live.

Indeed it's great live. I was disappointed they didn't play it in September, but was chuffed to bits when they eventually added it to their set when I saw them again in December.
They play it a bit slower live, but I don't think that matters too much.
Both times I heard it live me and my friends couldn't resist but to chant along to that cool riff that kicks in at 7:37.

best

song

ever

And GoP was not on the setlist when they hit Worcester a few months back (great show anyways). I assume when they come back in the spring they will play it, and I'll most definately be there.

MetalManCPA said:
And GoP was not on the setlist when they hit Worcester a few months back (great show anyways). I assume when they come back in the spring they will play it, and I'll most definately be there.

They needed to save some songs to make people want to come back next time around...of course, I would be going no matter what...they are far too good live to miss no matter what the set list is...

but god damn, I cannot wait for that song because it rocks oh-so-very hard

*quiet intro*

GHOOOOST OFFFFF MURDERRRRR!!!!!

i bet it sounded amazing live. can't wait till they come back for leg numero two.

AbsentFriend said:
^ I think you're kidding but it is MOTHER

Great song indeed. But live I think TGC works very well also. Better then on the album.

Yeah, I'm kidding...

Ghost of mother
Lingering death
Ghost on mothers bed
Black strands on the pillow
Contour of her health
Twisted face upon the head... etc

I knows da words.

GOP damn near knocked me over when they opened with it!

*4 cymbal crashes*

GHOST OF MOTHER....

:OMG:
Straight in there, awesome. But I think that the song that works best live is TGC. I didn't really used to like that song, but it's quite possibly the BEST live song I've ever seen (tie with 'Love?' by SYL). It was just... MAMMOTH!

^ The vocals on TGC are just unhuman, deep as hell and evil as the black soul of Satan! TGC is my least favourite album track but possibly their best live song.

Thats awesome. It must be a bitch to play that song. Just trying to play along to the cd is hard enough so playing with four other bandmembers must be hard. I hope they play that on their 2006 Canadian tour.

And yes, TGC sounds good live.

KFK