Ghosts?

I'm inclined to...but I'm not sure why. There seems to be so much evidence of them -- but that raises more questions for me: Is there an afterlife? Is this spirit world related to religion? Can I not believe in God and still believe in ghosts?

Oyo...!!

I have the solution. If you NEVER want those ghosts to come back, then all you have to do is inject LSD into the candy, and they'll be in for a wild ride that they'll never forget.

ah yes i posted the question do you believe in ghosts. and the answer is yes i do. Well too me i believe i have experienced them on many occasions. Everyone knows what ramen noodles are correct? well you know the sound you get when you bang those against the counter to break um up? i was awoken one night by that sound. I was sleeping out on the couch were it was cool. I figured it was my mom, but i checked in my moms room to see if she was asleep and she was. then i went to see if my dad was asleep in his room and he was. Not what the hell was making the noise i dont know. i was scared as fuck. it stopped after about ten minutes i went into the kitchen everything perfectly normal. The house is quite old about 95 years old. I once felt like somthing sit on me nothing there??? i dunno. in the basement there is a small cole shed. everytime i go down in there, i get a feeling like someone is watching me its pretty creepy. oh well

I tend to use different words than believe:

Ghosts, aliens, the after life, even God - these are things unproven, yet not proved to not exist. I may doubt their existance, but not totally believe in them either.

Can I be an agnostic on all these things?

Originally posted by Lina
I'm inclined to...but I'm not sure why. There seems to be so much evidence of them -- but that raises more questions for me: Is there an afterlife? Is this spirit world related to religion? Can I not believe in God and still believe in ghosts?

OK, said I wasn't going there, but you brought it up......

I don't believe in God (well, the christian concept of god), but I do believe in ghosts, and some sort of an afterlife. A religion is really just a way of organising concepts of this type, there is probably an element of truth in every religion (IMHO :) ). But as I said, religion is just the formal organisation of a concept, doesn't mean it relates to what actually exists. I fancy the idea of us being more 'beings of energy' that return to the 'cosmic flow' upon death, if you will (but in a less cheesy way than I just described :lol: ). Ghosts may be the energy (spirit) of a being that died and has yet to be assimilated, or maybe has unfinished business etc.......

So, to answer your questions.....
Is there an afterlife: I'd say yes, if you accept ghosts, you *should* accept the existance of 'spirit', which in turn points to afterlife (whatever the, ummm, hell ;) that is).
Is this spirit world related to religion: Maybe, but I don't see it as important.
Can I not believe in God and still believe in ghosts: hell :err: yes

OK, I just repeated myself alot there. Not in the most intelectual of moods, but you get the drift.... :)

Originally posted by metalmancpa
I tend to use different words than believe:

Ghosts, aliens, the after life, even God - these are things unproven, yet not proved to not exist. I may doubt their existance, but not totally believe in them either.

Can I be an agnostic on all these things?

That's close to my feeling too.

For me, it's sort of like one part of me wants to believe and the other part is totally skeptical.

I'm really amazed at the power of people's minds to create unusual perceptions though, so it makes me wonder if we create our own mystical/spiritual/alien experiences. I was listening to a doctor on the radio last week who was talking about a certain part of the brain that when triggered, produces affects that mirror the reported experiences of mystics and alien abductees. He didn't talk about ghosts, but I think the same thing could likely apply.

But really, I have no idea.

Ok.. I recieved four PM's asking about my story, I replied to the first, it was over 3000 characters so I had to send it in 3 parts, rather than send it so many times i'm going to post it here. Let me just say before I post it that I know it sounds a bit crazy and makes me sound a bit gullible or like a liar, but I don't really have a reason to lie about this, I don't know how to explain it at all, I'm not going to try to, if you ask me how bla bla bla is possible I don't know, so don't ask:

Ok like.. 2 years ago I was on AOL and I read someone's profile that said "Astral Projection" I didn't really know what it was so I IMed her and talked to her for a bit. She was saying she could go unconcious and awake on another plane etc. etc. I was obviously pretty skeptical of this. So I asked her if she could describe my room, she said she probably could. So the next day she e-mails me and tells me "bla bla bla... I see a glowing light and a body of water in the backyard looks like a pool (I have a pool) I go inside and start heading up the stairs (right so far) I get upstairs and turn the corner (My brother's room, oops, i'm fucking amazed she actually had this much so far) so then she says she sees a bed on the back wall with a piece of furniture between the bed and the wall (this is absoulutely correct and I am extremely impressed but thinking she could be a very lucky guesser) so then she says on the wall opposite the bed she sees a picture frame with a figure in the middle and a star like thing radiating around it, there is a picture frame on the opposite wall AND it has a monkey drawing in it with a star type thing radiating around it. So I basically figured that this is actually real and possible, there is no other way she could have done this. I talk to her for a while longer ask how she did it etc. etc. The method for doing it was similar to meditation, clearing your mind and visulization etc. I actually started trying it off and on a few times. It's hard to stay awake trying, but I got intense feeling energy flow through my body several times, and one time I had the incredible energy flow and my conciousness felt like it was expanding, then I felt myself drop 10ft. straight down and float back up, I got up and looked around and I was naked and had no covers on, I layed down and closed my eyes and when I opened them I had clothes and covers on. I tried off and on some after that and gave up because I am so damn lazy and that's the closest i've ever got to doing what she did. I think that if ghosts exist this could have something to do with it. Well that's about it, you probably think i'm a bit crazy now and I don't blame you if it sounds fake, I don't think i'd really believe it either, o well

Originally posted by Oyo
Ok.. I recieved four PM's asking about my story, I replied to the first, it was over 3000 characters so I had to send it in 3 parts, rather than send it so many times i'm going to post it here. Let me just say before I post it that I know it sounds a bit crazy and makes me sound a bit gullible or like a liar, but I don't really have a reason to lie about this, I don't know how to explain it at all, I'm not going to try to, if you ask me how bla bla bla is possible I don't know, so don't ask:

Ok like.. 2 years ago I was on AOL and I read someone's profile that said "Astral Projection" I didn't really know what it was so I IMed her and talked to her for a bit. She was saying she could go unconcious and awake on another plane etc. etc. I was obviously pretty skeptical of this. So I asked her if she could describe my room, she said she probably could. So the next day she e-mails me and tells me "bla bla bla... I see a glowing light and a body of water in the backyard looks like a pool (I have a pool) I go inside and start heading up the stairs (right so far) I get upstairs and turn the corner (My brother's room, oops, i'm fucking amazed she actually had this much so far) so then she says she sees a bed on the back wall with a piece of furniture between the bed and the wall (this is absoulutely correct and I am extremely impressed but thinking she could be a very lucky guesser) so then she says on the wall opposite the bed she sees a picture frame with a figure in the middle and a star like thing radiating around it, there is a picture frame on the opposite wall AND it has a monkey drawing in it with a star type thing radiating around it. So I basically figured that this is actually real and possible, there is no other way she could have done this. I talk to her for a while longer ask how she did it etc. etc. The method for doing it was similar to meditation, clearing your mind and visulization etc. I actually started trying it off and on a few times. It's hard to stay awake trying, but I got intense feeling energy flow through my body several times, and one time I had the incredible energy flow and my conciousness felt like it was expanding, then I felt myself drop 10ft. straight down and float back up, I got up and looked around and I was naked and had no covers on, I layed down and closed my eyes and when I opened them I had clothes and covers on. I tried off and on some after that and gave up because I am so damn lazy and that's the closest i've ever got to doing what she did. I think that if ghosts exist this could have something to do with it. Well that's about it, you probably think i'm a bit crazy now and I don't blame you if it sounds fake, I don't think i'd really believe it either, o well

Not crazy - shit, I've been trying mind control for years - I can't even move a damn paperclip. I don't have the proper concentration necessary to perform these acts.