Gifts

Apr 3, 2005
IL
Well, Christmas time is nearly here. I just bought my dad some Led Zeppelin DVD and CD's for basicly all my friends. So what presents have you gotten your family/friends? I still need to find something for my sister. It's always so damn hard to find gifts for girls. She's seventeen any suggestions?

MetalT

Hmmm, let's see: I'm making jewelry for my mother, step-mother, aunts, mother-in-law and sister-in-law, my father is getting a gift certificate somewhere, my brother is probably going to get Transgression and somethinig else, my step-kids I have no idea but I can only assume it will involve at least one video game each, Madison is getting two stuffed dolls from The Backyardigans, a baby doll, a toy box, a music box, and a bunch of little odds and ends. I don't know what I am getting Gary yet.

no suggestions man i suck at giving gifts... i got my brother a scarface poster and the other 1 diary of a madman cd...i still have to get my parents and sisters...plus possibly friends

For your sisters, unless you know absolutely the kind of music she likes or movies she watches, maybe take the route of gift certificates to a favorite clothing store or music store. That way they can get their own gifts and you don't have to worry too much about whether you get the right thing or not. That's my suggestion.

MetalThrasher442 said:
Well, Christmas time is nearly here. I just bought my dad some Led Zeppelin DVD and CD's for basicly all my friends. So what presents have you gotten your family/friends? I still need to find something for my sister. It's always so damn hard to find gifts for girls. She's seventeen any suggestions?

MetalT
Call me when she's 18 and I'll have suggestions :D

eighteeschick said:
Madison is getting two stuffed dolls from The Backyardigans

Oh no, not The Backyardigans, my little girl loves that show. I hope the dolls don't sing and dance like them......'We are castaways, ahoy there ahoy there, we are castaways.' That tune is embedded in my brain:yell:

Gift cards would be the way to go, but my sister just got a digital camera, so I'm buying her a camera case for it. By the way my sisters favorite stores are all those Hollister type stores, so I'd be screwed. To damn expensive.

Mickenglanduk said:
Oh no, not The Backyardigans, my little girl loves that show. I hope the dolls don't sing and dance like them......'We are castaways, ahoy there ahoy there, we are castaways.' That tune is embedded in my brain:yell:

:lol: I love the Backyardigans. Hell, even my mother after watching Madison one day wound up Tivoing the damn show. Madison sits there and goes Tywon, Tata, Uniqua. She can say Uniqua but not Tasha, go figure. Oh, and her favorite now is to run around the house kicking a ball saying SOCCER! If you haven't seen the Soccer Monster Halloween episode, I highly suggest it.

The dolls are actually from Nick Jr's store website. They are huge and very squishy. Don't sing or anything. They have clothes and nightgowns, and soon I think they'll have the soccer ball. I can't wait for that one. (Am I just a little too excited about this show or what?)

eighteeschick said:
For your sisters, unless you know absolutely the kind of music she likes or movies she watches, maybe take the route of gift certificates to a favorite clothing store or music store. That way they can get their own gifts and you don't have to worry too much about whether you get the right thing or not. That's my suggestion.

wow thats a really good idea

I know my SO has an id here to keep tabs on me so i can publicly reveal anything other than everything on her list i got.

my kids are gonna flip especially my boys when they see what i got em...

this is going to be our first christmas in the new place and i hope its gonna be fun for em all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickenglanduk
Oh no, not The Backyardigans, my little girl loves that show. I hope the dolls don't sing and dance like them......'We are castaways, ahoy there ahoy there, we are castaways.' That tune is embedded in my brain

I love the Backyardigans. Hell, even my mother after watching Madison one day wound up Tivoing the damn show. Madison sits there and goes Tywon, Tata, Uniqua. She can say Uniqua but not Tasha, go figure. Oh, and her favorite now is to run around the house kicking a ball saying SOCCER! If you haven't seen the Soccer Monster Halloween episode, I highly suggest it.

The dolls are actually from Nick Jr's store website. They are huge and very squishy. Don't sing or anything. They have clothes and nightgowns, and soon I think they'll have the soccer ball. I can't wait for that one. (Am I just a little too excited about this show or what?)

I thank god my son doesnt like them, I saw one show--they rapped about something and I turned it. Tom and Jerry is my sons cartoon--so hes getting a ton of T&J stuff

My fiance isnt getting anything, she signed me up for the CDC for my birthday and i've still not recieved anything so Xmas is cancelled in the Jockthrax residence.... Seriously though she's got a new house and a wedding this year no way am i shelling out more cash on her. Bah humbug!

i dont know about you but im getting a zildjian crash
cause i broke it yesterday
i dont know what type yet
fuck gifts and bullshit basic needs go first

My Gifts

Mum - Carton of Beer
Dad - Carton of Beer
Sister 1 - Carton of Beer
Sister 2 - Carton of Beer
Wife - Carton of Beer with pretty wrapping on it

:) he he