Gig thread

So good it deserves 2 fliers!!
The best way to celebrate a Metal Xmas and welcoming the mighty LYCANTHIA back to the stage with Sabine now back and permanent plus a brand new drummer to bring the doooom home! :kickass:

colour-1.jpg

metalevilution.jpg

It should be duly noted that the Screaming Jets are an extremely shit band live and that Dave Gleeson takes the cock.

I seem to recall you headbanging like crazy for their extremely long two song set at very little rock for your rights. Then you proceded to sing Better for the next 3 hours

I seem to recall you headbanging like crazy for their extremely long two song set at very little rock for your rights. Then you proceded to sing Better for the next 3 hours

I also seem to recall an annoying amount of political bullshit laced throughout their extremely long two song set. Imagine that dragged out to a full headline set... :erk: As for their glorious front man, even if you ignored the fact that he rivalled Peter Garrett on the retard-o-meter with his stage antics, he still sounded like shit. I still enjoy a lot of their studio work (October Grey = :headbang:) but I wouldn't waste my time seeing them live again even if it was free.

Tonight should be a different kettle of chogs :headbang:

I used to be a huge fan of the Jets until I read an interview a few years back where Gleeson said "all support bands should feel priviledged to be on our gigs, hell they should carry our gear to prove they belong"

Haven't listened to a single song since

if anyone is interested....

smw, dead china doll and, in my opinion, one of australia's best post-rock bands - laura, who will be launching their new live album "(re)capitulate)". we will be playing a lot of material from our forthcoming EP and at this stage it looks like it could be out last performance for the year, so come check us out :)

8pm
12$ or so iirc.

smw, dead china doll and, in my opinion, one of australia's best post-rock bands - laura, who will be launching their new live album "(re)capitulate)". we will be playing a lot of material from our forthcoming EP and at this stage it looks like it could be out last performance for the year, so come check us out :)

8pm
12$ or so iirc.

See you there

I used to be a huge fan of the Jets until I read an interview a few years back where Gleeson said "all support bands should feel priviledged to be on our gigs, hell they should carry our gear to prove they belong"

Haven't listened to a single song since

Sounds like a few lead members I can name.

Had similar shit with a no name band here too.
Guy got his teeth nearly kicked in by the support band and then by the bouncer for being a general wanker.

Most amusing.

Good week coming up for internationals... Zappa Plays Zappa tomorrow and Tuesday, Velvet Revolver the two days following. I'm going to have to miss ZPZ :( but Velvet Revolver should be good. Slash > Axl :headbang:

LOL go suck a big hairy fat one you turd. I'd rather familiarity than songs that are 20 minutes long and never even get started, eg. Dream Theater.

not sure how many of you here would be interested but Iron & Wine are coming to Aus:

Friday, 7 March 2008 / The Athenaeum Theatre, Melbourne
Sunday, 9 March 2008 / The Zoo, Brisbane
Tuesday, 11 March 2008 / The Manning Bar, Sydney