Gigantour Sydney!

Gavin

Crikey
Apr 17, 2001
Wow, Megadeth's performance last night at Gigantour was one of the best metal shows I have ever seen!!!
Opening with Wake up Dead, and going through (not in this order) Tornado of Souls, Rust in Peace, Peace Sells, Countdown, The four horseman (what ever there version is called) and just sounded so good.
The sound was awesome. The sound engineers that night deserve a fucking medal.
I have new found respect for Megadeth, I think they are as good or better now than ever.
Rest of the night was pretty rad as well, Arch Enemy kicked ass and Soulfly was better than i was expecting. Me and my mate Nathan ended up getting pretty waisted and continued drinking till the morning.
Im stoked
Did any one else go? what did you think

Yeah I'm going as well! Can't wait for it, Megadeth rules!

They kicked ass when I saw them in April last year, should be a great night.

When I saw the 'Deth back in 92(?) it was also a brilliant show. I've always loved them more than that other bunch of talli-tards.

I read recently that Max has been breaking out his old Hellhammer records and feels that he is an even bigger metalhead now than in his youth. Apparently the rest of Soulfly are also feeling rather Metal and Max is promising the next record will be their heaviest yet. - intriguing to say the least.

Yeah! I saw them at the brisbane gigantour at the riverstage! It was awesome seeing deth on a big stage outdoors.

I was not thinking about going too cause it was absolutely pissing down before hand but it stopped just as I exited the pub to walk there so I just got my ticket at the door! Magic!

They played Liar too which was fucking awesome! As for the rest of the bands I didnt bother with them :D

Opps, it was actually Symphony of Destruction not Countdown that they played and I forgot about Hanger 18, Devils Island and My Darkest Hour all kicked serious ass.

Soulfly was pretty good, but i don't know any of there newer material.
They did play a couple of Sepultrua songs which went down pretty well.
The rest of the band looked they were enjoying themselvs a lot more than max, its like he is to serious or somthing.

Arch Enemy fucking rocked, Soulfly were good but not brilliant, while Megadeth were great as always. They've got probably the best live sound I've heard from any band. So sharp...