Gigantour!

metalgtr84

Alabama Man
Jan 30, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Did you guys hear about this? Megadeth, Dream Theater, Nevermore, Fear Factory, and the Dillinger Escape Plan touring this summer! Chris are you going to visit your old comrades in Nevermore when they come through town? :hotjump:

metalgtr84 said:
Did you guys hear about this? Megadeth, Dream Theater, Nevermore, Fear Factory, and the Dillinger Escape Plan touring this summer! Chris are you going to visit your old comrades in Nevermore when they come through town? :hotjump:
yes I had heard about it and I am definitly going to hang out with Nevermore. It should be a very cool show and I havn't seen those guys in a while.
See ya, Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
yes I had heard about it and I am definitly going to hang out with Nevermore. It should be a very cool show and I havn't seen those guys in a while.
See ya, Chris.
I have only one thing to say to that (in high-falsetto): Mmmmmmmetalll!!! :kickass:

Talking of Nevermore, what you think Chris of Loomis? I think this guy is just incredible. His style is something you don't see a lot. Well, in fact, I have never heard that kinda stuff elsewhere. He is probably in my top 10, maybe top 5, guitar player (with you of course haha, and even if it looks "pussyish", it is indeed true)

{D|aBo|uS} said:
Talking of Nevermore, what you think Chris of Loomis? I think this guy is just incredible. His style is something you don't see a lot. Well, in fact, I have never heard that kinda stuff elsewhere. He is probably in my top 10, maybe top 5, guitar player (with you of course haha, and even if it looks "pussyish", it is indeed true)
Loomis is one badass player, I love his style. His tonality reminds me of Marty Friedman but with a ton more attitude and a demonic pissed off sound.
Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Loomis is one badass player, I love his style. His tonality reminds me of Marty Friedman but with a ton more attitude and a demonic pissed off sound.
Chris.

I'll second that....recently saw them play in London and goddamn it, he can pull off the 'Riverdragon' and 'Engines Of Hate' solos flawlessly..... :OMG: it's just not fair! Alas, I never got to see Nevermore when Chris was touring with them......that would have been cool I think.... :worship:

Rich - Rannoch said:
I'll second that....recently saw them play in London and goddamn it, he can pull off the 'Riverdragon' and 'Engines Of Hate' solos flawlessly..... :OMG: it's just not fair! Alas, I never got to see Nevermore when Chris was touring with them......that would have been cool I think.... :worship:

I've probably seen Nevermore 40 times, and being the stalker that i am I got to see Chris play with them 5 times. Totally awesome. Well, chris was. But I think the Portland show they did with Type O Negative ruled. Warrel sounded awesome, loomis was semi-sober, totally cool. Seattle.... not so much.

Dream Theater needs to get booted off that tour...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Id rather see Frank Stallone than them, seriously those guys are beyond talented at their craft, and are amazing musicians, but their singer is one nasally bastard & their songs are boring as hell for such a technical band.

John Myung is a great bassist though.

Dream Theater = Boring Crap

King is better :D

Actually, you might have been thinking straight when you mentioned King Diamond as a good act for the bill; as an ADDITION, not a replacement. That WOULD be cool!

JazzIII said:
Actually, you might have been thinking straight when you mentioned King Diamond as a good act for the bill; as an ADDITION, not a replacement. That WOULD be cool!

Don't worry man...I was just fuckin with ya. :D
I love Canada, I go there every few weeks.

Hahaha... Dream Theater is sick either way. They write awesome music and when they do something cheasy, its a really cool/funny cheasy. C'mon now, Labrie screaming "I'M JUST A LITTLE GIRL" in the 2nd disc of 6 Degrees? Thats priceless. lol

Their DVD with the NY concert is wicked good to, espicially Petrucci's metal faces. lol

you mean "rock pose number 1" and "rock pose number 2" mentioned by mike on the audio commentary track? it´s funny but they laugh about it anyway, because they don´t seem to take themselves that serious, haha. just think of the "jordan rudess action figure" stuff!!!
i really LOVE this band! zac appears to be one of those countless people claiming DT has no feeling at all. there i have to disagree... the voices solo for instance, is one of my all time fav solos when it comes to feeling, close to the spirit carries on, which has a awsome vibe!
when it comes to DT there are always this arguments, but thats the way it will always be, i guess...
this tour will be great for sure!!!