Megadeth Tour...

JayKeeley said:
People are just way too quick to dismiss, I find it impossible to believe that any fan of Megadeth or IE of old wouldn't be amazed at songs like "Blackmail the Universe", "Kick the Chair", or "The Devil to Pay". The only logic to that would be that you weren't really into the bands to begin with.
Agree completely. I don't know how anyone walks away from the Gettysburg trilogy unimpressed.

Zod

General Zod said:
Quite honestly, I'm stunned anyone would think Fear Factory is better than Nevermore. But hey, there are people around here who don't recognize that Blut Aus Nord sucks donkeys.

Zod

Fear Factory in their heyday is better than Nevermore any day. Seriously, Nevermore has never released anything as monumentally sound and important and stunning as Demanufacture. That record was WAAAAAAAYYYYY ahead of its time. It took Godlfesh's industrial and added blast beats, double bass, thrash and death metal.

Nevermore just pounds away on a formula, no offense.

Like I said, when most people think of FF, they think Digimortal or Archetype, neither of which is horrendous, but nether comes close to Demanufacture either.

and yes Blut Aus Nord blows.

J. said:
Seriously, Nevermore has never released anything as monumentally sound and important and stunning as Demanufacture.
Since I've never heard "Demanufacture", I can't comment. However, I think "Dreaming Neon Black" is light years ahead of anything I've ever heard out of Fear Factory.

J. said:
Nevermore just pounds away on a formula, no offense.
I wouldn't say that. If they were simply pounding away at a formula, than there would be a good number of bands also using that same formula, and I just don't hear anyone out there that sounds like Nevermore.

Zod

General Zod said:
NAD... you need to check out "Dreaming Neon Black" and "The Towers of Avarice" by Zero Hour. Both are BUY or DIE releases.
There's an easy way for that to happen, the same way you're going to hear Demanufacture. :Spin:

Dead_Lioness said:

Yes.

I wonder what kind of formula would that be, since there isn't any single band in the scene that sounds like Nevermore AT ALL.

Just because no one sounds like them, doesn't necessarily mean the formula is a good one. Look at Blut Aus Nord.

must be a heck of a formula if ya ask me.

But I didn't. ;)

JayKeeley said:
Mercenary sound like Nevermore, but granted, they came after.
If you consider that their singer isn't half as intense, doesn't sing with half as much variety, nor does his voice have one tenth the originality of Warrell's, than I'd agree. If you take into account that their guitar player doesn't write rhythms 1/10 as crushing, or solos 1/100 as bad ass, than I'd concur. If it's a given that their drummer isn't even from the same f**king planet as Van Williams, than we're on the same page. And if you discount that Mercenary's lyrics are clearly written by someone whose first language isn't English, while Dane's are quite intense and poetic, than I must admit, you're 100% right.:loco:

Zod

General Zod said:
Yes, but no one buys Blut Aus Nord CDs but the parents of the guys in Blut Aus Nord and 2 or 3 freaks from Royal Carnage.:D

Zod

probably same could be said about Drudkh, and Feg, and HOM, and Agalloch, and ..... :tickled: :loco:

Agalloch's "Stone Wind and Pillor" MCD sells for $70 on eBay. The demo cassette is worth even more. Somebody offered me $200 for my shirt (granted that was my mum, but still).

I would also consider The End to be a $ tier 2 label now, just behind CM, NB, and MB. I'm sure their Omega distro alone destroys the business that any of the others do (at least in the US).