Give Metallica Some Goddamn Respect!

I bought Load when it came out, I wanted to give it a fair trial, but I was disapointed. Everything since has let me down, I wasn't thrilled with the Black album but I'll admit it has a few good tracks on there. I havent bought any other Metallica album since Load but I heard them all. Now for Megadeth: I've been buying Megadeth albums since So Far So Good...So What and they only let me down on Risk. It was their turn to try and hit the radio. I admit that Cryptic Writings was a bit on the softer side but it was still very good. Megadeth realized that with Risk they lost alot die-hard fans and returned to form. I bought Risk and I had a feeling that they couldnt stay soft, after seeing them live on that tour, they played 3 songs off that album so I think they got the hint. I was always more of a Megadeth fan, actually I'm a die hard 'Deth and 'Thrax fan, but I respect Megadeth more than Metallica for trying the pop thing, realizing it didnt work and went back to whats tried and true. And I can see why Metallica stayed soft becasue for them, they are probably making more money because metalheads are a dying breed. I'm sorry if I went off in 1000 directions, just needed to put my 2 cents in....
Here's to a reival of old-school Metal \m/
:headbang:

I wouldn't say dave quit, the man cant play guitar anymore. I'm sure they'll be back one day with him on vox and another guitarist. Hopefully its sooner than later. I was beside myself when I heard Megadeth broke up, even more so when it was because Dave was hurt. So I'm hoping they re-group soon.
:headbang:

i THINK METALLICA ARN'T AS GOOD AS THEY WERE BUT ARE A GREAT GROUP ON THE WHOLE. iN RELATION THE WHAT SOMEONE SAID ABOUT AEROSMITH AND THAT THIER BEST MUSIC WAS PRIOR TO 1985 IS A LOAD OF SHIT THE HAD A FEW GOOD SONGS BUT 1985 ONWARDS THEY WERE AWSOME WITH ALBUMS LIKE 'PERMANENT VACATION', 'BIG ONES', 'NINE LIVES WHICH IS UNDERATED ETC... AC/DC ON THE OTHER HAND HAVE BEEN THE BENCHMARK OF ROCK AND ARE EXCELLENT (CLOSE 2ND TO ANTHRAX)

Listen to Rocks, and then Nine Lives and tell me which is better, and I love AC/DC but they are just old, their new material doesn't have enough Rock and has too much Roll. AC/DC with Bon Scott is the only AC/DC I will listen too, Bon was such a bad ass!

Bon was great, and overall the consistency of AC/DC's music was better when he was alive, where it's been a bit more hit and miss with Brian. As an album, I'd take a Bon album over a Brian album(except maybe if the album was Back in Black or Fly on the Wall), but they've still had some great individual songs. Stiff Upper Lip was disappointing, but Ballbreaker had a few outstanding rock tunes (Hard as a Rock, Ballbreaker, Caught with your Pants Down, Hail Ceaser), as did Razor's Edge. They are the mighty oak that has not been swayed by trends, and I agree with mattbish that they are 2nd only Anthrax.

As for Aerosmith, they've missed more than they've hit in the past decade...for me, although Pump was an overall great album, Janie's got a Gun was the worst track on it, which spelled doom when it became such a big hit, because it encouraged the band to put out more of that drivel...