Glasgow Friday 7th

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Looking forward to this although me and the lads are at the Bolt Thrower gig the night before on account of my mates' band being a support act.

At this rate I'll probably not be able to stand for 2 hours though (ill) and will probably be hungover from the night before.

Bolt Thrower were awesome i used to get their albums from Missing when i was a kid,
Im struggling health wise as well my throats killing me, i think i might have glandular fever but i'll be there spreading the disease (sorry had to be done).

A few of us were planning on seeing Bolt Thrower on the Thursday as well but I think it's gone to p.o.t.

My mate's Floyd covers band play the QMU on the Saturday and I kinda promised to attend so something had to give!!!!

tex said:
A few of us were planning on seeing Bolt Thrower on the Thursday as well but I think it's gone to p.o.t.

My mate's Floyd covers band play the QMU on the Saturday and I kinda promised to attend so something had to give!!!!

go to all the gigs.. come on... you can sleep on the sunday... I will tap ya a tenner if ya want :) and I think there is a spare Anthrax ticket going begging onthe board as well.. so basically you cant say you CANT go now .. Can you? :D

Caggers said:
go to all the gigs.. come on... you can sleep on the sunday... I will tap ya a tenner if ya want :) and I think there is a spare Anthrax ticket going begging onthe board as well.. so basically you cant say you CANT go now .. Can you? :D

I appreciate the encouragment, I really do!!
Thing is, after going to the football last night and getting suitably refreshed, I need to recoup some energy 'cause if I didn't I wouldn't be able to mosh it up on Friday night!!!!

We're having a day long binge on Friday!!!

I think there's a spare ticket within our group now, some twat gayed out on us!!!!

hows ticket sales goin any1 know id really hate it 2 be half dead mind you its the carling so it will feel dead anyway regardless of turnout.

doesnt everyone shit location, shit sound only nightwish have impressed me so far, shit beer, shit place to by t-shirts, who's bright idea was to have the bar at the door entry.shit price of a pint £3.20 odd i think, its only consolation is that the stage looks freckin sweet

AlisonScotland said:
how long does it take to walk from central to it? ive only ever gone by car.
and whens the last trains from central?

You're talking no more than 10 mins.

Turn on to Jamica St. from Argyll St. and it's a straight walk right across the bridge!!!

You might even drop into the Crystal Palace for a quick beverage on the way!!! The last chance you'll get for a drink all night that ain't gonna cost you more than 3 sheets!!!
Fu**ing Academy, it ruins Scotland!!

Set list (in order):

Among the Living
Metal Thrashing Mad
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
AIR
Skeletons in the Closet
Antisocial
NFL
Medusa
Indians
Be All, End All
I'm the Man
Aftershock
I am the Law

Not the best Anthrax gig tonight for various reasons which I might highlight once I've had some kip - I've been up since 5am so I just want my bed the now!

Yo, just back
Well erm,sound was good,band were NOT as tight as id have hoped but its the first night so its understandable.However the crowd and sheer energy of thrax is aweesssooommmme so yeah i had a great time.Fuck though, i knackered myself sooo much the first 3 songs there was jus so much fuckin metal goin on i almsot exploded!!! But i went too nuts and headbutted my mate, smashed his glasses, and he left in a fuckin mood, leaving me feeling a bit shite for him the whole night, automatically putting a bit of a damper on the whole thing. But credit to glasgow, we did ourselves proud,crowd energy was insane.

Hoped for a better set but they played the songs with fuckin style and just amazing energy, although they fucked up bits of AIR and got the time badly, and joey was slightly rusty, dan was on fire though, HE'S STILL GOT IT!! (and his new long hair makes him look the part again!)

Cheers, a very tired and excited Johnny Steele(Thrash fiend)

Oh and also tim ripper owens has one of the best falsetto on the planet.

awww see I just made a new thread about last nights gig.. if I had seen this I wouldna have botherd LMAO.. I had the best time last night.. My ears are still ringing. and whats with the Carling academy not selling crisps... :lol: