GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1981

>Metal thread
>Puts punk albums in list

wat

I'm aware this is a metal thread. That's why those albums didn't make it higher on my list, for the obvious handicap of not being metal.

I'll remove those three albums from the bottom of my list when Slammed removes his three from the top of his list.

The Holocaust are great. I also really like The Venom and The Iron Maiden.

I was just blindly going off of Spotify, which apparently thinks the band name is spelled with a "The." Not that that's much of an excuse, since the album cover and the rym page both say "Holocaust." Maybe I don't have heavy metal music in my blood after all.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
not being metal.

Then why put them in a 'Top metal albums of x year' list when they aren't metal? We gave that one dude shit for listing AC/DC and went on for a page about how it's not metal but yet punk albums are okay to list? At least AC/DC toes the line unlike the punk albums you listed (unsure about the Discharge album, but that Black Flag album certainly isn't anywhere close to metal).

@no country for old wainds what say you?

Last edited:
I'll remove those three albums from the bottom of my list when Slammed removes his three from the top of his list.

Gee you people don't like to let things go do you. Don't like my list, vote it out with your own, it's a single person's vote against the thousands and thousands who have voted.

FWIW (and I don't care that it's worth nothing to the elite), when it came to METAL releases of 1981 I looked at the "METAL RELEASES 1981" wiki page and selected the albums I was listening to and own from those pages because the links in the OP did not show all the releases from that year. Don't like the way wiki defines metal take it up with them...or maybe...I don't know...get over it!

I'll remove them if @no country for old wainds says to. I put those albums on my list mainly to get him to put his foot down and give a definitive answer on the matter.

bddc89cb89ed89703da87530330209dcd4864cc635b70376d443c39757dea203.jpg

1. Iron Maiden - Killers
2. Black Sabbath - Mob Rules
3. Cirith Ungol - Frost and Fire
4. Legend - Legend
5. Mercyful Fate - Burning The Cross
6. Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
7. Riot - Fire Down Under
8. Blitzkreig - Blitzed Alive
9. Metal Church - Red Skies
10. Heavy Load - Metal Conquest

Reactions: CiG

I don't think you get an alert when that many people are tagged in a single post. I did not receive an alert.

I will post my list before the deadline, I may not have a full top 10 however because this year has been too hard rock for me.

I got an alert!

I wont post a list I think, mostly because I know too few albums for it to be fun. I mean top 3 would probably be Sabbath > Maiden > Saxon. The rest will be somewhat forced and I don't really have the time to check out new stuff right now. :)

I'll participate in the next year though!