GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1985

Oh and Energetic Disassembly > Control & Resistance. Shittons more attitude and groove in the former.

6) Seven Churches by Possessed
Now we take over and rule by Death Metal...

"The best death/thrash metal album ever is obviously Seven Churches." - Skeptik

"Seven Churches is way overrated. I'd rather listen to whatever shitty doom metal band Schmidt likes today than that album. " - @The Ozzman

"ControversialOpinion: Possessed - BeyondtheGates > SevenChurches by quite a bit, and I am not crapping on Seven Churches at all here. On top of that, Beyond the Gates is probably THE MOST underrated metal album in existence. On top of that, it probably would make the top 20 metal albums of all time. " - @alex76

"Haven't listened to Beyond the Gates in a while, but i remember it being a boring as fuck, generic death/thrash album. Maybe i need to give it another shot. I much prefer Seven Churches." - @TechnicalBarbarity

Chosen by:
Sirjack (#2)

Serjeant Grumbles (#2)
Anom@nder Rake (#3)
Krow (#3)
Mort Divine (#3)
Atmoic Tide (#6)
Manic Ferocity (#6)
Cyanide Christ (#6)

Radical Thrasher (#7)
Slayed Necros (#7)
Crimsonfloyd (#10)
Phylactery (#10)
Zerostatic (#10)

TOTAL POINTS: 60

My post (#75) had this album rated at number four. Maybe I am blind here, but I don't see it.

even without alex's ranking that adds up to a total of 68, 75 with it, so it should be ahead of destruction

in fact just about every single total seems wrong based on the rankings listed lol, and not just because of you editing alex in. i get 190 for slayer, 110 for fates warning even without factoring f_doom's N/A, etc

Last edited:
even without alex's ranking that adds up to a total of 68, 75 with it, so it should be ahead of destruction

in fact just about every single total seems wrong based on the rankings listed lol, and not just because of you editing alex in

Haha, well shit! Does someone want to calculate them all again?

I checked two of them to see if he had counted Funerary Doom's list as unordered and it seemed to match up.

Last edited:
i can do

also wasn't f_doom's list like 18 albums long, so each of her N/A's should've been worth some kind of fraction, unless they got rounded? or did you just count the first ten hp lovecraft style

Last edited:
I want actual participation, not just splooge a pile of albums out way over the number required with no ordering and no response when tagged and asked to refine it. Look at the mixtape games for example, shitloads of people submit tracks but nobody rates them.

Anyway, the maths probably seem off because people are counting her list while I didn't.

Another list I didn't include:
I'll have a go at this one. Just getting the list on the proverbial paper for now:

Slayer - Hell Awaits
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
Dokken - Under Lock and Key
Carnivore - Carnivore
Megadeth - KIMB
ADX - Execution
Yngwie - Marching Out
Kreator - Endless Pain
Possessed - Seven Churches
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Dio - Sacred Heart
Armored Saint - Delirious Nomad

Because:
Yeah I'm not doing a list. A majority of albums this year don't interest me.
I said at least 2 pages ago I'm not participating anymore

Not his fault, I was scrolling fast and not looking at avis so I guess I counted his two lists. So that means I also got 190. Guess I fucked it all up...