GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1997

My version is a repress but it doesn't have a copyright date anywhere. In my booklet it says "recorded and mixed in autumn of 97." FWIW this reissue on discogs has the original copyright date as 98 but it's a Russian label so i'm not sure if it's legit or not

R-2226630-1437032338-2783.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
i'll be kinda surprised if it makes the top ten anyways so w/e
it will, its at 27 points and that's without one of the 10's i still havent counted

EDIT: my mistake, looks like only three guys voted for it for a total of 27 points.

hmmm what should i do with spikes list? just pull it out and count a top 9?

Last edited:
Okay. Could have included some HMs but kind of pointless and pressed for time. Was actually hard to leave Cryptic Writings off.

October Tide - Rain Without End
Windir - Sóknardalr
Dismember - Death Metal
Edge of Sanity - Infernal
Metallica - Reload
In Flames - Whoracle
Amrageddon - Crossing the Rubicon
Borknagar - The Olden Domain
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Absu - The Third Storm of Cythraul

Okay. Could have included some HMs but kind of pointless and pressed for time. Was actually hard to leave Cryptic Writings off.

October Tide - Rain Without End
Windir - Sóknardalr
Dismember - Death Metal
Edge of Sanity - Infernal
Metallica - Reload
In Flames - Whoracle
Amrageddon - Crossing the Rubicon
Borknagar - The Olden Domain
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Absu - The Third Storm of Cythraul
is this in order? You'd take Load over Cryptic Writings?

I met don of the dead(Nunslaughter) in melb one time when i was about 23 it was at an Incantation gig,he coame and gave me a flyer for an upcoming Nunslaughter gig.I reckon it was because I was off my face on amphetamines,sweating profusely and hada 'anthems to the welkin..) hoodie on and striding triumphantly in a pair of green jeans.
Lol

EDIT: btw im looking for quotes, will start posting results later tonight

Reactions: CiG