Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CiG

Aaaaaaaah!
May 22, 2015
W.A.
rateyourmusic.com
RYM film chart

Please submit your lists by NOVEMBER 16th.

Not sure if this game will be popular, I mean how many people have seen 10 films from any given year let alone more than 10 films so they can create a list of quality? I tried to choose a fairly popular year for the testing round so if this one fails out the ass, I'll just end the idea here.

(I've decided to not include animated films in my lists, it's up to you if you follow suit.)

Rules:

- Please submit at least 5 films.
- First place in your rankings gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, etcetc, 10th gets 1.
- Feel free to post more than 10, but only the top 10 will get points.
- Feel free to post less than 10, the same scoring will apply.
- Feel free not to rank your picks, in which case all ten picks will get 5.5 points.
- If you're so much of a dick that you have to post more than 10 unranked picks, the maths will be worked out.

159823765-1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
I've given this game a month to submit lists so take your time. Bloodsport will probably be in my list but I need to rewatch it, same with Dead Ringers.

Hang five while I go back and re-watch all the movies from 1988 so I can get an accurate tally :p

That's going to be brutal. :lol:

Edit: an alternative if you're too busy is to just submit an unranked list so every film gets a 5.5, keep that in mind.

Off to the shop to by all the DVD's now :p
I'll watch them all in 20x speed I'll get through them by tonight.

Going off my rym ratings. Pretty solid year.

1. Dead Ringers (Cronenberg)
2. A Short Film About Killing (Kieslowski)
3. Heathers (Lehmann)
4. A Fish Called Wanda (Crichton)
5. Midnight Run (Brest)
6. Cane Toads: An Unnatural History (Lewis)
7. Hairspray (Waters)
8. Die Hard (McTiernan)
9. A Short Film About Love (Kieslowski)
10. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zemeckis)

I'll be able to scrape a decent 10 together, just. Hell Comes to Frogtown happens to be next on my watch list and I'm keen to check out Maniac Cop. I also need to rewatch Child's Play as it's been waay too long, but otherwise I find movies easier to rank than music.

Reactions: CiG
I approve of this poll idea. We really are a bunch of autists on this forum with all this ranking :tickled:

I’m not even sure I’ve watched 10 movies from this year, but I’ll see what I can cook up

Have I seen enough movies from this year to participate? I guess I'll check my criticker ratings:

FLTuBb4.png

...yeah, I don't think I'm participating in this poll.