GMD SONG SURVIVOR: Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny

Nov 23, 2002
THE RULES:
In each round the song with the most votes will be eliminated until we get down to one. In other words, vote for the song you like the least! I'll probably start a new round every 2 or 3 days, so get your votes in!

Given that there are tracks on SAD WINGS OF DESTINY that almost everyone will probably vote for first, i'm going to ask everyone to name their THREE least favourites in round one, then we'll go one by one after that. Be warned, when we get down to the last few this is gonna be TOUGH. :cry:

---------------------

Starting with SAD WINGS was a pretty arbitrary choice. I will take requests for other albums to do after this, but keep in mind I wanna generally stick to canon staples that lots of people know, else we won't get many votes. Happy to do something black or death metal next so nobody feels left out - it might be appropriate to do our winner of the black metal poll: TRANSILVANIAN HUNGER. If this is a success, after we've done a few albums I might even do a SUPER SONG SURVIVOR with all the winners pitted against one another.

Would you guys prefer I run every SAD WINGS round in this one thread so I don't clutter up the board? I didn't do it that way last time, I did new threads with embedded polls each time, but we used to have multiple new threads daily back then. Also I think I started with an Opeth album lololol. This question is especially directed towards the mods.

---------------------

Round 1 Tracklist:
Prelude
Tyrant
Genocide
Epitaph
Island of Domination
Victim of Changes
The Ripper
Dreamer Deceiver
Deceiver

(This was the order on the original vinyl and CD pressings at least, later issues often flip the sides. To avoid confusion, make sure you post the titles rather than just the track numbers.)

Pick your least favourite three, and I'll count up the votes!

Prelude
The Ripper
Tyrant

In that order. The Ripper is still at least an 8/10 song for me though.

Prelude
Epitaph
Genocide

Really hard since this is arguably the best metal album ever. Every track is excellent. Also, I don't know how I'll distinguish Dreamer Deciever and Deciever. I think of them as a singular song.

ROUND 1 RESULTS
a fairly easy round to start off with, although not a single tune was unanimously voted off. all but one voted for PRELUDE and EPITAPH, while all but three voted for ISLAND OF DOMINATION.

now, this is where it starts to get tricky...

ROUND 2 TRACKLIST
Tyrant
Genocide
Victim of Changes
The Ripper
Dreamer Deceiver
Deceiver

Vote for your ONE least favourite.