Goddamn you, Negurã Bunget

That one song from the forthcoming album isn't quite bad, it just happens to be so mediocre that it leaves absolutely no impression on this listener, at least. Certainly doesn't compel me to buy that otherwise beautiful woodbox.

On the other hand, Maiestrit :kickass:
(not sure how I'd rate it next to the original, which is probably my most frequent grab from the NB back catalogue)

i'm 6 minutes into the first song and everything sounds SO familiar

The first two tracks (all I have time for) are pretty outstanding, albeit derivative of NB's past works.

A traditional Romanian instrument build up, a bit of screaming with the guitars over that, some black metally stuff, back to the traditional instruments, rinse, repeat.

2 tracks in ... agreed with the above.

Jerry stop watching chick flicks

All the songs have the same pattern but do not "fit" together. A traditional Romanian instrument build up, a bit of screaming with the guitars over that, some black metally stuff, back to the traditional instruments, rinse, repeat.

4 tracks in and LMFAO and slapping my forehead at the above ... i didn't even know there were so many traditional Romanian instruments.

in all fairness, its a pretty great record overall. this is a NEW NB though that sounds to me totally different and more bombastic, grandiose somehow.
its like Negru wants to break the band finally and it just might be the disc to do it as besides the die-hard followers from the early days, which lets face it, there aren't that many, this can really appeal to a wide audience.

there is something instant about these tracks and some memorable moments. the new singer, while really annoying on the Cradle of Filth like screams, comes across as more "ethnic" sounding to me than Hupo did on the more traditional parts. I guess that's a good thing. Since I understand Romanian, it helps that I can actually make out what he is singing about as well.

But the repetition of the song structures that Eric pointed out above is laughable.

Negru's gamble might pay off however.

it is, don't get me wrong ... but I hear some weird commercial BM structures, ala, Dimmu and COF littered throughout.

4 tracks in and LMFAO and slapping my forehead at the above ... i didn't even know there were so many traditional Romanian instruments.

I don't actually know if they're romanian... I wouldn't know a Romanian instrument form a rubberband on a stick.

That movie sucked ass compared to the first one.

I don't agree with the bad rep this album is getting already. Forced? No way.
I know I will be listening to this for a long time.

Go to the actual youtube link for other songs.

Last edited by a moderator: