Going through surgery.

Notuern

Bloody vaginal belch
Oct 20, 2007
(Warning, rant coming up.)

I have had a lot of problems with my wisdom teeth, and ive been to the dentist about 5 times about it, and they always shuve a suringe down in my gums and spray in saline to clean it out(Hurt like hell, and didnt help very much.).
It seemed like they didnt want to rip either of my wisdom teeth out(We have free dental untill we are over 18, as I wasnt at the time.).

My wisdom teeth is groin horizontaly, like this:

wisdom.jpg

But now finally im going in to surgery, tommorrow actually.
But I cant help but feeling really bummed out by it; because this mean undergoing anastesia, and then having them drill into my jaw.
And when its all over, I wont be able to eat at all for a couple of days, and I wont be able to close my mouth the first day because of the swelling.

Uh, im so bummed right now im almost getting an anxiety attack.

Edit:

Forgott to mention that a part of my tooth is rooted in a nervalcentrum in the jaw, that will cause half my mouth to be paralyzed for a few days. \o/

Dude last week i went to surgery myself , wisdon teeth also, 4 teeth were taken out the same day.Nothing to worry about, very tipical surgery.
The lame thing is you need to restrict some kinds of foods for while.
Your surgery seems a little more complex , but your not gonna fell pain at all, only a weird sense of inflammation.

Just think that back in the day , that type of procedure was done with out anestesia.......... lol
:lol:

(Warning, rant coming up.)

I have had a lot of problems with my wisdom teeth, and ive been to the dentist about 5 times about it, and they always shuve a suringe down in my gums and spray in saline to clean it out(Hurt like hell, and didnt help very much.).
It seemed like they didnt want to rip either of my wisdom teeth out(We have free dental untill we are over 18, as I wasnt at the time.).

My wisdom teeth is groin horizontaly, like this:

wisdom.jpg

But now finally im going in to surgery, tommorrow actually.
But I cant help but feeling really bummed out by it; because this mean undergoing anastesia, and then having them drill into my jaw.
And when its all over, I wont be able to eat at all for a couple of days, and I wont be able to close my mouth the first day because of the swelling.

Uh, im so bummed right now im almost getting an anxiety attack.

Edit:

Forgott to mention that a part of my tooth is rooted in a nervalcentrum in the jaw, that will cause half my mouth to be paralyzed for a few days. o/

First of all, there is not much to worry about.. dont go about the internet reading stories about this kind of "surgery", they suck and half of them are way, waay over the top.

Couple of more things to ease your mind..
- we all have to go, and many of the people you know, probably went and are still living and breathing.. put it in perspective my friend, you will see it's just a very, tiny fraction of your life that you will have to deal with the "pain" after this surgery.. it might be there, it might not be..
- i have seen people taken out all 4 in one go and went for a beer that same evening.
- Worst scenario is some pain for a few days, we all have to go through it... not being able to eat sucks, but soup and other liquid stuff will do the trick.
- Also, i have heard stories of people going in and they were out after 10 minutes.. just like that.
- The people who will help you out in the hospital do these kind of things 10.000 if not more per year.. it's common as fuck and they know their stuff... no worries.

Funny i see this thread.. im calling the hospital tomorrow for a appointment, as im having the EXACT same thing.. it's pretty common as well, mine are horizontal as well and the dentist said i have to pull 5 teeth, 4 wisdom teeth and one that he fucked up while trying to pull it.

Couple of tips, think of yer boy black neon bob going through the same thing tomorrow, take with you a i-pod and let the music sooth you.

Shit man, i have been going nuts about going to the dentist as well about a month ago.. did not go for 7 years before that and i knew i had problems... i was so damn nervous, even two weeks before i had to go i was nervous.
I finally went, and it's nothing.. nothing i tell you... the fear in your mind is so irrational sometimes, it's unreal how we can kid ourselves when it comes to things like these.

Like i said, keep it in perspective, remind yourself that you are not the only one, man up and let things flow as they go, you'll be fine.

Dude last week i went to surgery myself , wisdon teeth also, 4 teeth were taken out the same day.Nothing to worry about, very tipical surgery.
The lame thing is you need to restrict some kinds of foods for while.
Your surgery seems a little more complex , but your not gonna fell pain at all, only a weird sense of inflammation.

Just think that back in the day , that type of procedure was done with out anestesia.......... lol
:lol:

The different thing with my surgery is that they actually have to remove pieces of my jaw to be able to take my teeth out(2 is going tomorrow.).
But I sure hope I dont feel any pain afterwards.

Yeah, I guess it was more like boozing the patient up, and then jamming a knife or something down there and bending it loose. :zombie:

I was eating pizza the same day I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed, you'll be alright bro!

Damn man! :O
I dont think I will be able to eat solid food the first days, sence im going to have "open" wounds down to the jaw.
They close it so it wont bleed, but the jawbone is apperently exposed through the gums. :yuk:

But I have to try to be possitive atleast, but its really hard to keep a "cheeky attitude". :loco:

I removed all four my self...there is no pain under the actual surgery...but there are going to be some "noise" of cracking etc. There will be pain after....but nothing to worry too much about....

Some people react to the removal of wisdom teeth differently. I had all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed by a Navy dentist(great dentist, BTW) last month. I was really worried about it, after hearing all the horror stories. Well, the whole procedure took all of 20 minutes, 10 of which was just letting the Novocaine kick in. In all honesty, you don't need to be put out for it, unless you are freakish about this kinda stuff. it's just a quick incision, then they grip and twist. If they can't grip it good, they sometimes have to crack it, but it ain't bad. As for recovery, I just kept pressure on gauze pads for about 3 hours, took em out, and that was that. I was eating that same day. Just make sure you start taking the Vicodin(or whatever they give ya) before the pain sets in..... Keep up with it and you won't feel anything at all. I still have divots in my mouth that annoy the shit out of me getting food stuck in them, but all in all it was no big deal at all. I had no swelling either, was kind of amazed.

Hopefully you get the same experience I had. I wish you the best!

First of all, there is not much to worry about.. ..you'll be fine.

Thanks man!
One problem with the food is that I have an eating disorder.
Im not throwing up or stuff like that, or sensitive to taste, but Im REALLY picky on how the food is to chew, so I cant eat soup either. >,<
But hopefully, I will be able to eat something the first days(Otherwise il have to drink ALOT of water. :lol:).

Edit:
Who am I kidding.
I wont be drinking water when there is beer!

Some people react to the removal of wisdom teeth differently.. ..Hopefully you get the same experience I had. I wish you the best!

Thanks man!

It will be a more complex procedure I will undergo, due to the fact that its growing underneath the other tooth in the back of my mouth.
Thats why they have to drill in my jaw, so that they can pull my wisdom teeth out without hurting the other teeth.
I dont think I will get anything like Vicodine, atleast my dentist told me I should take Ibuprofen(Regular headache-pills.), but hopefully, it will be enough.

No complaining, you can write some damn fine horizontal wisdom teeth blues when you're writhing in pain for a week after the surgery wishing you could close your mouth.

Seriously, though... you'll survive, and when all is said and done you'll be glad you did it so you won't have to go in for 'cleaning' so often.

(JBroll was born without wisdom teeth...)

Jeff

Coming out of having Bells Palsy myself, which totally froze the left side of my face. Also effected my 'savory' tastebuds.

It was awkward and a bit silly. But totally livable. In fact you can probably eat some foods you couldn't before because you can't taste things the same way.

They might give you something potent before they discharge you, but usually ibuprofen does the trick.

That and beer.

I had one wisdom tooth that needed to be removed (yeah ONE!). I'm glad it wasn't four cause that thing hurt so goddamn bad after the novocaine wore off. Of course they had to cut into my jaw to remove the tooth as well! It took an hour for that one tooth and I was awake the whole time. Do yourself a favor and ask for some other painkiller without Tylenol in it. Say it makes you sick (which is does for me actually). That way you'll actually get something good. haha.

i had this wisdom tooth in a really weird bizzare position, so it starting to fall out into pieces, it stoped about the half, but it leaves a hole, i passed i think more than a year, and food get stuck there an all that but i didn´t noticed, then this horrible pain started, dudes i really don´t wish that pain even to my worst enemy (which i don´t have hehe), it started in the mouth but then all my head ached, but was so intense, think like big machinery pressing your entire head. it was infected went to a dentist friend and he give me some pills for the pain and then i went to little surgery and pull it out (practice dentist in a school consultory, it´s cheaper hehe), men what a relief, worst pain ever.

I consider myself very lucky never to have had any issues with my teeth, got all 32 and only 2 small cavities and I did'nt go too the dentist for 20 years, sometimes the genetic gods give you a break

Get those teeth out! Mine are the same way. My wisdoms are horizontal. I have had BIG problems with mine for years. I was scheduled to get them taken out years ago, but my bullshit medical insurance decided not to cover the surgery.:Smug: So I have since not been able to afford it. I have infections in my face every couple months. Once, my face swelled up, like I had a baseball on my face. I've had to cancel a tour because of it. I just can't afford the procedure. Good luck, man. You'll be fine.

I got my wisdom teeth out the other week. It wasn't too bad, it bled a lot afterward and I couldn't eat normal foods for a week or so afterward. But it's really not something to fret about, it's not a big deal.

Good luck, bro! I have to remove my windom teeth but im scared to death to have surgery inside my mouth. But everything will be fine and you'll be soon here telling us the breeze it was!