Going To Concerts - With People or Solo?

I usually prefer having someone to go with (depends on my mood), but having to go alone doesn't keep me from going. I don't mind sitting all alone waiting for concerts. What I do mind is people trying to start silly "where are you from"-converastions that ends after a few words. This is where my lack of any social skills shines thru. Not that this is a big problem, I'm not a person people contact, anyways. : )

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Just curious about how you feel when you go to a concert.

Do you go by yourself, or with others?

Me, I'm usually stuck going alone to the metal ones, mainly because no one I know is interested in the bands I listen to. Like tonight - I'm going to see Hypocrisy/Soilwork/Killswitch Engage/Scar Culture, and I'm flying solo - (anybody want to go?).

Personally - I go for the music, so I don't feel I need people with me, although it would be nice to enjoy a metal concert with someone else who enjoys it.

Like The Tea Party last month - it was AWESOME enjoying it with my family.

I like to go with someone though if i have to i will go by myself. And i'm going to that show tonight in worcester (with my girlfriend, not alone). Should be cool. I'm psyched.

i usually go with a friend of mine. i wouldnt mind going alone but with all the travelling and queuing and stuff its good to have somebody to talk to:) plus my friend likes the bands too of course

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Just curious about how you feel when you go to a concert.

Do you go by yourself, or with others?

Me, I'm usually stuck going alone to the metal ones, mainly because no one I know is interested in the bands I listen to. Like tonight - I'm going to see Hypocrisy/Soilwork/Killswitch Engage/Scar Culture, and I'm flying solo - (anybody want to go?).

Personally - I go for the music, so I don't feel I need people with me, although it would be nice to enjoy a metal concert with someone else who enjoys it.

Like The Tea Party last month - it was AWESOME enjoying it with my family.

I went to that same concert alone last week ....however i have some buddies from another forum i go to and we always end up meeting up at concerts.

i havent been to a gig by myself, and well i suppose if i really wanna see the band and no one else does i'd go by myself, its always good to come to and back from a gig with someone to talk with on the way home, on those train journeys, i suppose its part of the gig, when your in the venue then i really dont speak to anyone, cant really except when the bands not playing, i just get on with it...

I've never gone to a show solo... I'm not good in crowds as it is, so I feel the need to have somebody with me... Which sucks, because I can rarely find anybody to come along, so I miss a lot of shows... What's really bad is that this starts way before the day of the show... Tickets... Whether I can afford them or not, I have to wait till I know a friend has their ticket (or buy 2 tickets myself), so I miss out on shows (and/or good seats) due to this... I really need to get over this shit... I've missed some really good shows because of this god damn phobia...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and there's the fact that a lot of the shows I want to see are in different states and are a long drive away... It would really suck driving by yourself to see a show and then stand around uncomfortably while waiting for the show to start and then the lonely drive home... Makes me want to puke just thinking about it, lol!

I have only one friend who likes metal and she works early mornings so doesn't come out to gigs that often. So i generally fly solo. The last 4 gigs in a row, i've been to alone. Actually i'm sick of it. It doesnt bother me at all during the actual gig but before and after it sucks not having anyone to talk to, especially in smaller venues when you are just standing by yourself.
However, i would NEVER miss a good gig because i had no-one to go with, i'd rather go alone than not go at all or than drag along someone who doesn't want to be there.
Sometimes it can be a little scary being alone at gigs. I've had some quite threatening experiences with guys at gigs which is the main factor which puts me off going solo.

all the shows we have here in hong kong (local hardcore bands) i go with the drummer in my band...we're really good friends and he's the only person i know that loves music and metal nearly as much as i do or is even interested in the local band scene...sometimes the guitarist in my band comes along but usually he doesnt

man, i hope that by the time i'm older and have a family of my own i can go out with my kids and enjoy concerts with them...you're a lucky man metalman

I would go alone if I had to, but I prefer to have someone with me so that I can make snide comments about people's mullets or the way they mosh.